If you are a gamer, you know well about Google Stadia. It is a cloud gaming platform that offers more than 290 games to play. With Stadia, you can easily get console-quality gaming without having to invest in a console. It gives you access to a growing digital game library that works wherever you go. By installing Stadia on Android TV, you can play high-end games like Cyberpunk 2077, FAR CRY, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and more. As Stadia is a cloud gaming platform, you don’t have to worry about the internal storage of your Android TV. All you need is a stable internet connection with more than 10 Mbps.
One of the best features in Stadia is the live streaming feature. You can live stream your gameplay directly on YouTube. If you have installed the YouTube app on Android TV, you can live stream your Stadia gameplay with ease.
Table of Contents
Stadia offers only one subscription plan, which costs $9.99 per month. With the subscription, you can play all the games available on the platform. If you are a new user, you will get a one-month free trial. If you don’t want to commit to the monthly plan, you can create a Stadia account for free and buy individual games. You can also play games for free for a limited period of time. For instance, you can play games like FAR CRY Primal and World War Z: Aftermatch for 60 minutes without any subscription.
Stadia on Android TV
Stadia is a cloud gaming service that is available on various platforms. You can install the app directly from the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Hisense Android TV
- Panasonic Android TV
- Philips Android TV
- Sharp Android TV
- Sony Android TV
- TCL Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- DIRECTV STREAM
- Mi Box
How to Install Stadia Games on Android TV
1. Start your Android TV and connect the TV to the internet connection.
2. Choose the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Tap the Search icon from the top-right corner.
4. Type and search for the Stadia app in the search bar.
5. Choose the Stadia app from the search suggestions you get.
6. Then, click on the Install button.
7. After the installation, tap the Open button.
How to Cast Stadia to Android TV
Since Stadia is Chromecast compatible, you can play Stadia games on your TV from your smartphone as well. The Stadia app is available on Android and iOS smartphones. Before proceeding with the steps, make sure to connect both the devices to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Stadia app on your smartphone from the respective store.
2. Once installed, launch the Stadia app and select your Google account to connect.
3. Now, tap the Google Cast icon from the app’s screen.
4. Choose your Android TV name from the list of devices.
5. When both devices are connected, set up the Stadia Controller and select the game that you want to play on your TV.
How to Sideload Stadia on Android TV
On your Android TV, you can sideload the Stadia app using the Downloader app. To do so,
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Go to Settings and choose Device Preferences.
3. Select the Security & Restrictions option.
4. Tap the Unknown Sources feature.
5. On the list, enable the Install Unknown Apps toggle for the Downloader app.
6. Then, open the Downloader app and click the Search Bar.
7. Enter browser.aftvnews.com to install the AFTVnews Plugin. This plugin will allow you to install apk files on Downloader.
8. Now, enter the Stadia Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
9. On the next screen, click the Download button to get the APK file.
10. Then, tap the Install button to install the Google Stadia APK on your Android TV.
11. If the Stadia app is not displaying on the Apps screen, you need to install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV. For the latest models of Android TV, the sideload APK files won’t appear on your Android TV by default.
How to Play Stadia Games on Android TV
To play games on Android TV, you have to connect a gaming controller to your Android TV. To do so,
1. Go to the Bluetooth Settings on your Android TV and turn it on.
2. Now, get the gaming controller and turn on the pairing mode.
3. Go to Android TV Settings.
4. Select the Remote & Accessories option.
5. Click the Add Bluetooth Accessories option.
6. Your Android TV will look for available accessories. Choose your controller when it is detected.
7. Now, open the Stadia app on your Android TV.
8. Click the Get Started button and sign in with your Google account.
9. Choose Connect Controller and tap the Stadia Controller from the available controllers.
10. Now, you will get a Linking Code.
11. Then, press the Linking Code on the Stadia controller.
12. Finally, tap the Continue button to connect the Stadia Controller.
13. Now, you can play any game from the Stadia platform.
Other Devices that Support Stadia
- Google TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
With this, you can play Stadia games on your Android TV. Based on your subscription, the availability of games may differ. If you have any issues with the stadia games, let us know in the comments section.