Are you finding it difficult to view online meetings on your phone or PC? Now, you can connect your online meetings on your Android TV. The Google Meet app is officially available on the Play Store for installation on your Android TV. Instead of installing the app, you can also access Google Meet through the browsers on your Android TV.
Google Meet is a free-to-connect online meeting app where you can conduct online meetings for 60 minutes. In case you need long-hour online meetings, you can go for Business Plans in Google Meet. You can connect to 100 to 500 members at your meeting based on your plan. Google Meet offers noise cancellation, live captions, and breakout rooms to attend the meeting without any hassle on your Android TV.
We will assist you in installing or sideloading the Google Meet app on your Android TV and attending online meetings. You can bypass the installation by accessing the Google Meet website on Android TV.
How to Install Google Meet on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Google Meet in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Google Meet from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Google Meet app.
7. Sign in to your Google account and select Give Access to provide permission for the app.
8. Connect to the Online Meeting and view the video share screen on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Google Meet on Android TV
In case the Google Meet app is not available for Android TV, you can sideload the app using the Downloader app.
1. Search and download the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Google Meet APK [https://bit.ly/3qVQtAJ] in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install to install the Google Meet app.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and log in to your Google account.
11. Search for a contact/ group to initiate the video call on your TV.
Also, you can install the Zoom app on Android TV using the sideloading method.
How to Watch Google Meet on Android TV Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use the popular web browsers on your Android TV to access the Google Meet platform.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://meet.google.com/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click New Meeting or enter the Meeting Code to join the meeting.
5. Now, view the online meet on your Android Smart TV.
You can connect the Apple AirPods to your Android TV to experience the noise-cancellation feature on Google Meet.
How to Cast Google Meet on Android TV
The Google Meet app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Google Meet app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your Android TV/ Android Box to the WiFi Network that the smartphone is connected to.
3. Open the Google Meet app on your smartphone and log in with your Google account.
4. Open the Meeting on the app and select Cast this Meeting.
5. Choose your Android TV to connect and view the meeting on your Smart TV.
You can also cast the meeting while you are attending. During the meeting, you can select the three vertical dot menu and choose Cast this Meeting to cast to your Android TV.
If you want to end the casting, tap the Three-dotted menu again and choose Stop casting meeting. Remember, this will stop the casting, not the meeting. If you want to stop the meeting, you must press the End button.
In the Google Meet app, you can add up to 250 participants. A lot of advanced features like Real-time closed captions, a Raise Hand icon to speak without any interruptions, a video quality of up to 720p, and more are available in the Google Meet app for free. For business purposes, you can buy the pre-structured premium plans or customize the plans based on your business needs.
|Subscription Plan||Cost Per Month||Features|
|Business Starter||$6||100 Participants and 30 GB of Cloud Storage|
|Business Plan||$12||150 Participants and 2 TB of Cloud Storage|
|Business Plus||$18||500 Participants and 5 TB of Cloud Storage|
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
If you face the Not Working issues on the Google Meet app installed on your TV, do the following.
1. Check the internet connection on your Android TV.
2. Update the Android TV firmware and Google Meet app.
3. Restart the Android TV for a fresh start.
4. Check the Meeting Code that you provided on the Google Meet app.
The Camera is necessary for attending online video meetings. You can also attend the meeting on your Android TV without a camera by casting the app from a Smartphone or PC.