Google Classroom makes education easier and you can learn anytime & anywhere. You can also access the Google Classroom app on Android TV and learn new things. As the Google Classroom app is available only for smartphones, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV. If you are attending video conferences on Google Classroom, you need to connect the camera to your Android TV.
How to Sideload Google Classroom on Android TV
1. Open the Google Play Store from your Android TV home screen.
2. Click the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
4. Open the Settings page on your Android TV.
5. Click on Device Preference, and choose the Security and Restrictions option.
6. Then, select Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader toggle.
7. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
8. Install the AFTVnews plugin using the URL browser.aftvnews.com.
9. Now, enter the Google Classroom Android TV APK and hit Go.
10. Install the app on your Android TV.
11. Open the Google Classroom app and use it on your TV.
How to Cast Google Classroom
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
2. Download and install the Google Classroom app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Open the Google Classroom app and sign in with your Google Account.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Now, access the Google Classroom app on your smartphone. It will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box
- Mecool Android TV Box
- NVIDIA Shield TV Box
These are the two ways to access Google Classroom on Android TVs. Wait until the Google Classroom app is released for the Android TVs in the Play Store. With the sideloading, you might face some navigation issues in the app. If you want, install the mouse toggle on Android TV for better navigation.