Google Chrome is one of the most secure and best web browsers in the world which has millions of active users. Since the browser offers the fastest result and user-friendly UI, it has been preferred by most of the users. If you are an Android TV user and looking to install the Chrome browser on your TV, we are sorry to inform you that the Chrome browser is unavailable on the Google Play Store of Android TV. Eventhough the app is unavailable on the Google Play Store still, you can install the app by sideloading via ES File Explorer, Downloader, or by using a USB drive.
By installing the app on your TV, you can browse your desired content without any hassle. In this session, you will learn how to install the Chrome browser on your Android TV using various methods.
How to Sideload Google Chrome on Android TV
The Google Chrome app is not available for Android TV. So, to browse the content on Chrome, you need to sideload its app using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Google Chrome APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and browse the internet.
How to Cast Google Chrome on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the Google Chrome app on your TV, then you can screen mirror the Google Chrome app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Google Chrome app from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch the app and log in with your Google account to finish the setup.
4. Now, browse any content on the Google Chrome app.
5. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the web page you searched will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, you cannot install Chrome on Android TV.
No, the Google Chrome app is not available for Philips Android TVs.