It is a popular concern that Android TVs don’t offer much when it comes to web browsers. There are a few browsers tailored for Android TVs in the Play Store. Additionally, we can sideload many other popular browsers like Chrome and Firefox to it. Google app is a widely used web browser available on multiple devices. It is available worldwide and used by millions of people as well. It is pleasing to know that the Google app has its Android TV version. So, let’s find out more about this app and add it to our Android TV.
One of the most impressive features of the Google app is the personalized news feeds you get with the app. Based on your interests, you will get a completely personalized feed. It includes your favorite music, movies, sports, bands, celebs, tech, hobbies, and more. Also, you can customize your interests by choosing the categories you like.
Google App on Android TV
As we already discussed, we can add the official Google app from the Android Play Store easily.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- DIRECTV Stream Box
How to Add Google App on Android TV
To add the Google app on your Android TV, follow these instructions carefully.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect a standard WiFi connection to it.
2. Select the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store.
3. Go to the Search icon.
4. Type Google and hit the search icon.
5. Select the Google app from the suggestion list.
6. Click on the Install button and wait for the app to install on your Android TV.
7. When the installation ends, open the Google app.
8. Start browsing the things you want.
9. To get a personalized feed, it is advisable to sign in with your Google account.
How to Sideload Google Apk on Android TV
If you wish, you can sideload the Google apk on your Android TV in three easy steps as follows.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources for Downloader
- Download Google Apk using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
To install third-party apps on your Android TV, you need the Downloader app. This app is already available in the Android TV Play Store for download. So, follow these instructions to add it to your Android TV.
1. Launch Google Play Store on your TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes till the app installs on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
With the default settings on your Android TV, you can’t install third-party apps. So, make the following settings alterations to install third-party apps.
1. Open the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Go to Device Preferences and then choose the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Enable the unknown sources setting for the Downloader app.
Install Google Apk Using Downloader
Finally, you can install Google apk on your TV from any trusted site
1. Launch the Downloader app that you installed earlier.
2. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. Type in the URL for Google Apk in the URL section.
4. Click the Go option and then download the apk file for the Google app.
5. Hit the Install option to get Google App on Android TV.
6. Wait for the installation to complete and launch the Google on your TV.
Google App – Other Supported Devices
Following is a list of devices that you can use to access the Google App.
- Android phone
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a Google app for Android TV?
Yes, you can download the official Android TV app of Google from the Play Store.
2. What browsers are available on an Android TV?
When it comes to web browsers, Android TVs offer very few. However, you can sideload a few web browsers like Chrome and Firefox on your TV.