Streaming games through the cloud have been a dream for many gamers. Nvidia has been working hard to make this dream come true with the release of their Geforce Now service, which allows you to run high-end games on your PC, but what about those who want to run GeForce Now on Android TV? Nvidia, in partnership with Google, has released GeForce Now on Android TV. This service works by streaming in-game play directly to your Android device. So if you want to play a game that isn’t available on your device, then you can run it through GeForce Now.
Table of Contents
Supported Android TVs
- Toshiba Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
How to Install GeForce Now on Android TV
1. Launch your Android TV and select Apps.
2. Navigate to Play Store and click on the Search bar.
3. Enter GeForce Now and from the search results, choose GeForce Now app.
4. Click on the Install button.
5. Then, tap the Open button to run the GeForce Now app.
6. You have to give the necessary permissions to run GeForce Now on Android TV. Click the Allow button to give permission.
7. Click on Log In and you will see a code appearing on the screen.
8. Visit geforcenow.com/login or scan the QR code on the screen.
9. Enter the PIN under Device Login and select Submit.
10. The GeForce app on your TV will refresh and you can play games on it.
To play high-end games, you will need a gamepad, mouse, or keyboard on your TV.
How to Run GeForce Now on Android TV
In some Android TVs, you cannot get the GeForce Now from the Play Store. You have to sideload the GeForce Now app.
How to Download GeForce Now on Android TV
1. On your smartphone, go to the browser.
2. Enter GeForce Now download and from the search results, choose the official website.
3. Select the latest version of GeForce Now and click on the Download icon.
4. The apk will be downloaded on your device.
5. Install Send Files to TV app on both your Android TV and smartphone.
6. Select Open and click on Send. Choose the GeForce Now apk file.
7. Click on Receive on Android TV and the apk file will be sent to your TV.
Note: Make sure that both your Android TV and the device are connected to the same wi-fi network.
8. Now, on your Android TV, download and install File Commander from Play Store.
9. Go back to the home screen and select Settings > Device Preferences > Security & Restrictions.
10. Click on Unknown Sources and enable File Commander.
11. Launch File Commander and select Internal Storage > Downloads > GeForce Now Apk > Install.
12. This will install GeForce Now app on your Android TV.
How to Run GeForce Now on Android TV
1. Launch the GeForce app and grant access to all the required permissions.
2. Select Log in and you will see an Activation code appearing on the screen. Note it down.
3. Now, scan the QR code or go to geforcenow.com/login and enter the Activation code.
4. Click on Submit. The Geforce Now app on your TV will refresh and it will log in directly to your GeForce Now account.
5. Select the game you want to play and enjoy playing it on your GeForce Now app.
For unsupported regions, the first thing you need to do is install a VPN on your Android TV and connect it to a US server. Then, go to GeForce Now and select the title of the game you want to play. Once the game is set up, disconnect the VPN so that it will improve your gameplay and reduce latency.
Related: How to Play Games Using Steam Games on Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install GeForce Now apk on Android TV by using the Send File to TV app and the File Commander app.
Yes, GeForce NOW will work on selected Android TV models.