Are you looking for a surveillance partner to manage the security camera of your home? gDMSS Plus would be the best choice. Although gDMSS Plus offers an APK file, you can’t install it on Android TV as there is no app for this security app on the Play Store. But still, you have a chance to get it on your TV by using the sideloading and screen mirroring methods.
gDMSS Plus gives an all-in-one solution to control and monitor the camera you installed on your home for security purposes. By selecting the specific camera, you can get virtual access in the format of video previewing.
This article will take you to the procedures of sideloading and screen mirroring of the gDMSS Plus app to view the visuals of your security camera on Android TV. You can also find some generic troubleshooting fixes and alternatives for this app at the bottom of the article.
How to Sideload gDMSS Plus APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the gDMSS Plus app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to control and monitor your security camera.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of gDMSS Plus APK latest version: bit.ly/460KNED
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and monitor your security camera.
How to Cast gDMSS Plus on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the gDMSS Plus APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to the TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the gDMSS Plus APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the HiTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
gDMSS Plus Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the gDMSS Plus app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for gDMSS Plus accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
gDMSS Plus Alternatives
If you feel that gDMSS Plus isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free productivity tools to monitor your home. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to gDMSS Plus.
No. gDMSS Plus app is not available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you need to sideload it on your TV.
Yes. You can use the finger gesture to control the security adjustment for your installed camera.