FX is the premium TV channel of FX Network that you can access on many streaming services. FXNOW is the official streaming app to watch FX channel content on your streaming device and Smart TV, including Android TV. The Google Play Store has the FXNOW app to download on your Android TV for watching the Live FX channel.
FX channel has popular TV shows in the Drama and Comedy genres. The FXNOW app has FX Originals for exclusive streaming on your Android TV. You can access some of the FX content on the Hulu app for Android TV. It has a Favorite list to add all your favorite content, and it can sync your preference across all devices. Resume Watching enables you to watch the content from where you left off.
This article discusses the various ways to access FX channel content on your Android TV. In case you are geo-restricted to access the FX channel, we have provided a working solution to solve the geo-restriction.
Table of Contents
You don’t need an FX NOW subscription of any kind to stream the app on your TV. You just need a TV provider subscription to access the FX NOW library on your TV.
- Popular TV providers with FX include AT&T U-verse, Spectrum, Cox, DirecTV, Verizon, Xfinity, Dish, and many more.
- Additionally, you can also enjoy FX with streaming services like Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV Stream.
How to Install FX on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter FX in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select FXNOW from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate FXNOW on Android TV
1. Open the FX NOW on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Sign In button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the FX activation website [fxnow.fxnetworks.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click the Continue button.
5. After that, sign in with your TV provider or subscribed account to complete the activation.
6. Now, the FXNOW app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the cont
How to Install FXNOW on Android TV Outside USA
If you can’t find FXNOW in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of FXNOW APK [https://bit.ly/3P1qvUj] in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch FX Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the FX website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.fxnetworks.com/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast FXNOW on Android TV
The FXNOW app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the FXNOW app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the FXNOW app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Other Supported Devices
It is not just Android TVs that support the FX NOW app. You can get the app on various other devices, as listed below.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android phones
- Android tablets
- Samsung Smart TV
- Mac and PC
Frequently Asked Questions
FX has its app, FX NOW, on Android TVs for download. If you have a TV provider subscription, you can enjoy streaming your favorite FX shows by signing up.
The Google TV Play Store does support the installation of the FXNOW app to stream the FX content.