Freesat is the UK’s free-to-air satellite TV service that offers more than 200 channels. In Android TV, you can set up the Freesat box using HDMI and Satellite cables. Then, install the Freesat app to record live TV channels and watch them later. You can also use the app to control the setup box.
How to Setup Freesat on Android TV
1. You have to connect all the cables to the Freesat Box.
2. Plug in two coaxial cables onto the SAT-IN port. One is to watch TV and the other is to record the shows.
3. Use an HDMI cable to connect the Freesat Box to your Android TV.
4. Plugin the power cable and power it on your device.
5. On your Android TV, choose the HDMI input that corresponds to the set-top box.
6. Now, watch all the Freesat channels on your TV.
How to Install Freesat App on Android TV
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Freesat app.
3. Tap the Install button to get the app on your Android TV. If the Freesat app is unavailable on your TV, you can install the app on your smartphone and control the playback.
4. Launch the app when it gets installed.
5. Open the app and stream your favorite satellite channels on your Android TV.
6. If you are using the app on your smartphone, you can use the app as a remote to the Freesat set-top box.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mecool Android TV Box
- Mi Box
- Nvidia Shield TV Box
- Epson TV Box
No, you need a satellite dish or receiver to get Freesat channels.