Fortnite is one of the popular battle royal games available for smartphones and PCs. You can get Fortnite on Android TV and Android TV Box on version 8.0 or higher. To install the Fortnite game on your TV, your Android TV must have at least 2 GB RAM. Unfortunately, the game is not available on the Play Store. So, you have to sideload it on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Fortnite on Android TV
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Pick up Downloader by AFTVnews app from the search result.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. After installing the app, open your Android TV Settings menu.
6. In the Android TV Settings page, click on the Device Preference option.
7. Then, choose Security & Restrictions.
8. Select Install Unknown Apps and switch on the Downloader toggle.
9. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Enter the URL of AFTVnews Plugin (browser.aftvnews.com)
11. Install this plugin. Without this plugin, you cannot install any APK files on your TV.
12. Then, enter the Fortnite APK Android TV URL.
13. Hit Go and click on the Install button to get the game.
14. To play the Fortnite game, you need to connect gaming controllers on your Android TV.
Note: Get RetroArch on Android TV to play classic games on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Xiaomi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Easytone T95 Super
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
Yes, you can play Fortnite on Andodrid TV with GeForce Now.
Till now, there are no positive signs for the comeback. Maybe in a year or two, Fortnite will be available on the Play Store.