Food Network, as the name suggests, is a food-based app. It is the ultimate destination for all food lovers to get some quality content about food. The Food Network platform is available for Android TVs in the name of Food Network GO. By activating the Food Network on your Android TV using your TV provider, you can watch all the food-related video content. With the app, you can learn new recipes, watch international food shows, and more.
The Food Network app is a free-to-download app on all devices that support it.
- You need to be subscribed to a TV Provider to stream the content on the Food Network channel.
- Popular TV providers with Food Network include Philo, Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu, Vidgo, DIRECTV Stream, and YouTube TV.
- You can also enjoy popular Food Network shows by using the Discovery Plus app on your Android TV.
How to Install Food Network on Android TV
1. Go to the home screen on your TV.
2. Select the Apps tab and open Google Play Store by clicking its icon.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Search for the Food Network GO app.
5. Select the Food Network GO app from your search results.
6. Click the Install button and then start downloading the app.
7. Once the installation ends, open the Food Network GO app.
How to Activate Food Network GO on Android TV
By using your TV provider credentials, you can activate the Food Network GO app.
1. When you open the Food Network GO app, you will get the activation code.
2. Note down the Activation Code on your screen.
3. Visit the Food Network activation website (watch.foodnetwork.com/activate) on any web browser.
4. Enter the activation code in the box provided.
5. Click on the Activate button.
6. Finally, enter the TV Provider subscription details to complete the activation.
7. Now, the Food Network app will load all the video content. Select your favorite content and watch them on your TV.
At the same time, you can also stream Food Network content through TLC Go on Android TV.
How to Cast Food Network on Android TV
If you have the Food Network app on your smartphone, you can simply cast it on your TV. Then, you need not add the app to your TV.
2. Log in to your account and start playing a video from the app.
3. From the top right corner, tap on the Cast icon.
4. From the available devices list, pick your TV.
5. The casting is established within seconds, and you can watch the video on your TV.
How to Watch Food Network outside the US
As you might already know, you need to sideload Food Network on your TV if you are outside the US. It involves three steps as follows.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Install Food Network GO using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Firstly, you need to add the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store. It will help you add third-party apps to your TV.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your TV.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader in the search bar and search for the app.
4. Select the app from the suggestion results.
5. Finally, select the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
Enable Unknown Sources
Now, you need to make alterations to the default settings on your TV in favor of adding third-party apps to your TV.
1. Open the Settings menu from your home screen.
2. Scroll down and click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose the Downloader option and enable it by tapping on the toggle located next to it.
Install Food Network GO using Downloader
Finally, let’s install the Food Network app on our device from a trusted site.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Add the URL for Food Network GO (https://rb.gy/z238) in the URL section of Downloader.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for Food Network GO.
5. Then, tap the Install button to get the Food Network on your TV.
6. Open the app and watch all the video content.
Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs that support Food Network.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
Here is a list of Android TV Boxes with the app.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add the Food Network as an add-on to your Amazon Prime Video channels list.