Food Network is the ultimate destination for all food lovers to get some quality content whatever device you have. This American entertainment is owned by Discovery, Inc. If you think that food Network has only cooking shows, then you are completely wrong. The channel hosts mind-blowing entertainment shows as well. If you aren’t experienced in cooking, tune in to Food Network because you can get nutritious recipes and simple cooking tips on the app, including cool cooking tutorials. Today, we are going to throw light on streaming Food Network on Android TV and Android-based streaming devices.
On the Food Network app, you can enjoy the channel streaming live along with access to the episodes of all current series on-demand. Furthermore, find new episodes of your favorite show on the same day as it airs on TV. Start binge-watching popular shows like Chopped, Supermarket Stakeout, The Pioneer Woman, and Restaurant: Impossible. Save episodes of the shows to your Watch Later list and your favorite episodes on your Favorite shows list.
The Food Network app is a free-to-download app on all devices that support it.
- You need to be subscribed to a TV Provider to stream the contents on the Food Network channel.
- Popular TV providers with Food Network include Philo, Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu, Vidgo, DIRECTV Stream, and YouTube TV.
- Additionally, you can enjoy Food Network for a week without a fee on Philo, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and Hulu + Live TV.
- You can also enjoy popular Food Network shows on the Discovery Plus app.
Food Network on Android TV
The Food Network app extends on multiple devices, including Android TVs. However, the app itself is available only in the US. You need to sign-up with details of your TV Provider subscription to enjoy Food Network on your TV.
Food Network Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs that support Food Network.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Food Network Supported Android TV Box
Here is a list of Android TV Boxes with the app.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Watch Food Network on Android TV
Adding your Food Network app is a very simple deal if you have tried adding any other app on your Android TV. Here is a simplified guide to help you with the same deal.
1. Firstly, launch the home screen on your TV.
2. Select the Apps tab and open Google Play Store by clicking its icon.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Type down the search bar and search for the Food Network Go app.
5. Select the Food Network Go app from your search results.
6. Click the Install button and then start downloading the app.
7. Once the installation ends, open the Food Network Go.
8. Further, note down the Activation Code on your screen.
9. Visit watch.foodnetwork.com/activate on any web browser.
10. Enter the activation code in the box provided.
11. Click on the Activate button.
12. Finally, enter the TV Provider subscription details to complete the activation.
Alternative Way: Cast Food Network on Android TV
If you have the Food Network app on your smartphone, you can simply cast it on your TV. Then, you need not add the app to your TV.
1. Install Food Network Go on your phone from either the Play Store or App Store.
2. Log in to your account and start playing a video from the app.
3. From the top right corner, tap on the Cast icon.
4. From the available devices list, pick your TV.
5. The casting is established within seconds, and you can watch the video on your TV.
How to stream Food Network outside the US?
As you might already know, you need to sideload Food Network on your TV if you are outside the US. It involves three steps as follows.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Install Food Network Go using Downloader
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Firstly, you need to add the Downloader app from the Play Store. It will help you add third-party apps to your TV.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your TV.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader in the search bar and search for the app.
4. Select the app from the suggestion results.
5. Finally, select the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
Step2: Enable Unknown Sources
Now, you need to make alterations to the default settings on your TV in favor of adding third-party apps on your TV.
1. Open the Settings menu from your home screen.
2. Scroll down and click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose the Downloader option and enable it by tapping on the toggle located next to it.
Step 3: Install Food Network Go using Downloader
Finally, let’s install the Food Network app on our device from a trusted site.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Add the URL for Food Network Go in the URL section of Downloader.
4. Click on the Go option and then install the APK file for Food Network Go.
5. Finally, install the Food Network on your TV.
Related: How to Watch Comedy Central on Android TV
Other Devices That Support Food Network
Since we have a lot of foodies across multiple devices, the Food Network app is available on multiple devices. So, if you own one of the following devices, add Food Network to your channels.
- Apple TV (Fourth generation and later)
- Roku (Roku 3, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, Roku Stick, and Roku Stick+)
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV (Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition)
- Kindle Fire Tablet (Android OS 4.0.3 and later)
- Google TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
- iPhone (iOS 9 and later)
- iPad (iOS 9 and later)
- Android smartphones (Android 5 and later)
- Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox Web browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I watch Food Network on Chromecast?
Yes, the Food Network is compatible with Chromecast devices. You can cast the iOS and Android applications to your Chromecast. Similarly, you can cast it from the Chrome web browser on your TV.
2. Can I get Food Network on my smart TV?
Yes, the Food Network app is available on Android TVs and Samsung Smart TVs. Also, get it on Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, and other devices.
3. What devices are compatible with the Food Network app?
The Food Network app is available on Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Android TV, iOS, Android, Xbox, and browsers.