Are you looking to install the smartest web browser on your Android TV? Install the Firefox web browser to browse the content faster and smarter. The Firefox web browser is similar to Google Chrome. Since the application has a user-friendly interface, you can browse your content easily without a hectic navigation setting. The only thing is that you cannot find the Firefox app from the Google Play Store on your Android TV. But Still, you can install the app by sideloading via ES File Explorer or Downloader.
Although it is a free browser, it offers tons of features to attract more users. Some of the top-rated features offered by Firefox are autoplay blocking, blocking third-party cookies, built-in password manager, crypto miner blocking, etc. Moreover, it also has the built-in Dark Mode feature to eliminate the blue light emitting from the browser.
How to Sideload Firefox on Android TV
The Firefox app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Firefox APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and browse your desired web pages on your TV.
How to Cast Firefox App on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the Firefox app on Android TV, you can screen mirror its app from your Android smartphone to your TV screen.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Play Store app on your Android and install the Firefox app.
3. Launch the app and finish the setup process.
4. Search for any web page and select it from the search result.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the web page screen will appear on your Android TV. You can also get Linux on Android TV to access Mozilla Firefox.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, the Firefox app is not available for Sony Android TV.