Are you interested in watching movies and TV shows on Android TV without any subscription? FilmPlus APK is an ideal choice that you should try. Unfortunately, the FilmPlus app is not available on the Google Play Store. However, you can use the Downloader app to sideload the FilmPlus APK or screen mirror its content from the smartphone to Android TV.
Over a few years, FilmPlus gained fame among Smart TV users because of its wide range of media content with a lot of features. With this app, you can explore content in several categories like Action, Adventure, Thriller, Comedy, Horror, etc. You can also download your favorite titles in HD quality and watch them offline on your Android TV.
Here, We will walk you through the step-by-step instructions for the sideloading and screen mirroring methods with the aim of streaming the FilmPlus app on Android TV.
How to Sideload FilmPlus APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the FilmPlus app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of FilmPlus APK latest version: bit.ly/3PXJHEd
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast FilmPlus on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the FilmPlus APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the FilmPlus APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the FilmPlus app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
FilmPlus Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the FilmPlus app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for FilmPlus accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that FilmPlus isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to FilmPlus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. But, you can’t install it directly on your TV as it is unavailable on the Play Store. Instead, you should sideload it using Downloader.
No. The FilmPlus apk is not safe to use. The pop-up ads may have viruses that have the potential to affect your device. So, you can use a VPN to safeguard your device as well as privacy.
The FilmPlus is not available on the Amazon App Store for Firestick. But you can use Downloader to sideload the FilmPlus APK on Firestick from an external source.
Install the FilmPlus app on your Android device first. Later, you can use screen mirroring to access FilmPlus on Roku.