FileLinked is a useful file-sharing app to download or share files using a code. It was also called as DroidAdmin. All you need to do is use the respective Filelinked codes to download or share whatever file you want. If you want this app to install on your Android TV, you need to perform a sideloading method since Filelinked is unavailable on the Play Store.
You can use this app to share files such as videos, photos, music, apk, and more. It allows you to download multiple files from cloud storage using a unique 5 or 6-digit code. You can simply create and share a code after uploading those files to cloud storage. Luckily, the Filelinked app is free to download and use on all Android devices.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through the step-by-step instructions to sideload as well as use the Filelinked app on Android TV. Additionally, it includes some technical solutions you can apply if the Filelinked app is not working properly and a few best alternatives to this app.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload FileLinked APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Filelinked app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Filelinked APK latest version: bitly.ws/YKQz
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
How to Use FileLinked on Android TV
1. Launch the Filelinked app on your TV by using Sideload Launcher.
2. It will ask you to enter the code for the app you want to download.
3. Enter a code using the on-screen keyboard and click Next.
4. Select Continue to proceed.
5. Now, you can access the files protected with a code.
6. Click the Download option on the right corner of the results.
7. After it gets downloaded, tap on the play button to install the file on your tv.
8. Finally, install the app with the on-screen prompts.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Haier Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
Mi Box S
FileLinked Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the FileLinked app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for FileLinked accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
What can I use instead of FileLinked?
If you feel that FileLinked isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to perform bulk downloading action. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to FileLinked.
Yes, the installation of the FileLinked app on Android TV is possible by sideloading with the help of a downloader.