Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites around the globe. The Facebook app was available on multiple devices under different variants. For streaming devices and TVs, you can use the Facebook Watch app. With the Facebook Watch app, you can watch all the videos and short clips from your Facebook profile but not the posts. For Android TV, you can install the Facebook Watch from the Play Store.
The Facebook Watch is similar to the IGTV in Instagram for Android TV providing videos on the app to its users. Similar to the Facebook app, the Facebook Watch app is also available for free.
Facebook on Android TV
The Facebook Watch app has a simple and user-friendly interface. The app gives you a lot of good recommendations based on your viewing history. Also, you can watch live Facebook videos, including News, on the Facebook Watch app.
Facebook Supported Android TV
Let’s explore the Android TV versions that support Facebook Watch.
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
How to Install and Watch Facebook on Android TV?
The Facebook Watch app will let you stream many entertaining videos on the platform on your device. Follow these steps to get the app and activate it on your Android TV.
1. Start by pressing the Home or Menu button of your remote.
2. Next, select the Apps tab on the screen.
3. Further, click the Search icon to search for an app.
4. Search for the Facebook Watch app on the search bar by typing down the name.
5. Pick up the Facebook Watch app from your search results.
6. Click on the Install button and start downloading the app.
7. Further, wait for the download to finish.
8. Now, launch the Facebook Watch app on your TV.
9. You can see an activation code on your TV screen.
10. Visit the Facebook Watch at facebook.com/device.
11. Enter the Activation Code in the field provided.
12. Finally, click on Continue and activate the app on your TV.
13. Now, you can watch all the Facebook videos on your TV.
How to Cast Facebook on Android TV
You don’t need to add Facebook to your TV if you don’t wish to. The Facebook app on both Android and iOS devices supports casting. Therefore, you can enjoy the content from the app on your TV.
1. Connect your Android or iOS device and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and Install the Facebook app from Play Store or App Store if you already haven’t.
3. Log In to your Facebook account with proper credentials or create a new account.
4. Choose any video on the app that you want to watch on your TV.
5. Further, click on the Cast icon after opening the video.
6. From the list of available devices, choose your Android TV device.
7. Finally, start streaming the video on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Facebook on Android TV
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Go to the Search bar and type Downloader.
3. Search for the Downloader app and select it.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Downloader app.
5. Similarly, install the Sideload Launcher app on your Android TV to access the APK files on Android TV.
6. Now, go to the Settings menu on your Android TV.
7. Choose the Device Preferences option and tap the Security & Restrictions option.
8. Open the Unknown Sources menu and enable the Downloader toggle.
9. Now, open the Downloader app and give the necessary permissions.
10. Then, enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com) to download the plugin. Without the plugin, you can’t install the APK files on the Downloader app.
11. Now, enter the Facebook Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
12. Download the APK file and tap the Install button.
13. Then, open the Facebook app and sign in with your Facebook account.
14. Access all your Facebook feed on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android Smartphones and tablets
- iPhones and iPads
- Windows and Mac
- Web browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can sideload Facebook Messenger on Android TV using Downloader.
You can download the Facebook Watch on your TCL Android TV from the Play Store.