Are you a Formula 1 fan? If yes, then this article is for you. On your Android TV, you can install the F1 TV app directly from the Play Store. With this, you can live stream all the Formula 1 races on a big screen. The next F1 race is going to happen in Las Vegas. It is scheduled for this weekend (November 16 to November 18). With a premium subscription to F1 TV, you can watch all the live races and their highlights with ease.
In this guide, you will get to know how to install the F1 TV app on Android TVs and watch the races. If you want, you can also cast the F1 TV app from your smartphone.
How to Install F1 TV on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter F1 TV in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select F1 TV from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload F1 TV on Android TV
If the F1 TV app is not available on your Android TV or you can’t find it, you can sideload the app using third-party apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer. Here we have used Downloader to explain the procedure.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of the F1 TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the F1 TV APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch F1 TV Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the F1 TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://f1tv.formula1.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the F1 TV will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast F1 TV on Android TV
The F1 TV is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the app from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install the F1 TV app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the F1 TV app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of F1 TV
- You can have an ad-free streaming experience with a premium subscription to F1 TV.
- Simultaneous streaming on up to 6 devices is possible with one account.
- F1 TV offers highlights and documentaries of famous old races
- Share all the content to your big screen with the built-in Chromecast option.
- It allows you to access live maps, analysis, and timing data
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
F1 2023 Schedule
|Bahrain||March 03 to 05||Max Verstappen|
|Saudi Arabia||March 17 to 19||Sergio Perez|
|Australia||March 31 to April 02||Max Verstappen|
|Azerbaijan||April 28 to 30||Sergio Perez|
|United States||May 05 to 07||Max Verstappen|
|Italy||May 19 to 21||Called Off|
|Monaco||May 26 to 28||Max Verstappen|
|Spain||June 02 to 04||Max Verstappen|
|Canada||June 16 to 18||Max Verstappen|
|Austria||June 30 to July 02||Max Verstappen|
|Great Britain||July 07 to 09||Max Verstappen|
|Hungary||July 21 to 23||Max Verstappen|
|Belgium||July 28 to 30||Max Verstappen|
|Netherlands||August 25 to 27||Max Verstappen|
|Italy||September 01 to 03||Max Verstappen|
|Singapore||September 15 to 17||Carlos Sainz Jr.|
|Japan||September 22 to 24||Max Verstappen|
|Qatar||October 06 to 08||Max Verstappen|
|United States||October 20 to 22||Max Verstappen|
|Mexico||October 27 to 29||Max Verstappen|
|Brazil||November 03 to 05||Max Verstappen|
|United States||November 16 to 18||TBD|
|Abu Dhabi||November 24 to 26||TBD|
Yes, you can download the F1 TV app directly from the Google Play Store on your Philips Android Smart TV.
Yes, you can download the F1 TV app on the app store of Google Smart TV to stream its content.