Are you a Formula 1 fan? Do you want to stream all the F1 races on your Android TV? No worries. With the F1 TV app, you can watch all the live races and highlights. The F1 TV app is compatible with all Android TV brands, such as Sony, Philips, Panasonic, and TCL.
Apart from installing the app, you can also use the web browser on your Android TV to watch F1 races using the website. If you have an Android smartphone, you can cast the F1 TV app on your Android TV.
How to Add F1 TV App to Android TV
The F1 app was not available for Android TVs. But, in November 2022, the app was released for Android TVs and TV Boxes. Now, you can directly install the F1 TV app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
1. Launch your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Choose the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, type in F1 and then search for the same.
5. Further, choose the F1 app from the search results.
6. Select the Install button to start downloading the app.
7. Then, tap the Open button to launch the app.
How to Use F1 TV App on Android TV
In the F1 TV app, you can watch live races, race highlights, interviews, special shoes, documentaries, past-season videos, and more.
1. Open the F1 TV app
2. Click the Profile icon and sign in with your account.
3. On the Home page, you will get the recent videos and live races if available.
4. Click the Archive button to get all the previous season’s videos.
5. On the Shows sections, you will get interviews, Jolyon Palmer’s analysis, Tech Talk, Beyond the Grid, and more.
6. In the Documentaries, you can watch special videos about the F1 drivers.
7. Use the Search option to look for specific races from the F1 archives.
If you are so interested in the F1, you can watch the Drive to Survive (F1 documentary series) on your Android TV using the Netflix app.
How to Access Web Version of F1 on Android TV
If you have a web browser like Chrome or Firefox on your Android TV, you can access the web version of F1 using its website.
1. Open a web browser on Android TV.
2. On the browser, visit the Formula 1 website (https://f1tv.formula1.com).
3. Log in to your F1 account.
4. On the website, browse and find videos to play.
5. Enjoy streaming the F1 race on your TV.
How to Cast F1 on Android TV
If you wish, you can watch the F1 race by casting the app on your Android TV on both the Android and iOS versions of F1 support casting.
1. Connect your Android TV and casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the F1 TV app on your casting device from the Google Play Store or App Store.
Note: There are two F1 apps available. One for live streaming and the other one for news & live updates. Make sure that you are installing the live streaming app (F1 TV app), not the live news app (Formula 1 app).
3. Launch the F1 TV app and complete the sign-in process as needed.
4. Find the Cast icon on the screen and then click on it to enable casting.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list that appears on the screen and then start casting.
6. Finally, play the F1 race video and exclusive content from the app to enjoy watching on your TV.
The F1 TV app gives you access to a lot of F1 content. It includes race day coverage, practice sessions, paddocks, and other exclusive titles. You can watch all of these in HD to enjoy the sport at its best. Also, enjoy watching live streams of F2, F3, and Porsche Supercap races with the F1 app. The F1 app is available in 85 different countries.
F1 offers two types of subscriptions. Both are available for monthly and yearly packages.
- F1 TV Access costs $2.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
- F1 TV Pro costs $3.99 per month or $29.99 per year.
The live races are available only on the F1 TV Pro subscription. In the F1 TV Access, you will get only the live updates.
Until 2022, all the F1 live races are available on the Disney+ Hotstar app. But in 2023, the F1 announced a standalone subscription in India and removed all the video content from the Disney+ Hotstar app. It costs Rs. 299 per month or Rs. 2499 per year.
F1 2023 Schedule
The 2023 season of F1 is scheduled for 23 races. The final race is scheduled for November 26, 2023.
|Grand Prix||Race Day||Winner|
|Bahrain Grand Prix||March 5, 2023||Max Verstappen|
|Saudi Arabian Grand Prix||March 19, 2023||Sergio Perez|
|Australian Grand Prix||April 2, 2023||–|
|Azerbaijan Grand Prix||April 30, 2023||–|
|Miami Grand Prix||May 7, 2023||–|
|Italian Grand Prix||May 21, 2023||–|
|Monaco Grand Prix||May 28, 2023||–|
|Spain Grand Prix||June 4, 2023||–|
|Canada Grand Prix||June 18, 2023||–|
|Austria Grand Prix||July 2, 2023||–|
|British Grand Prix||July 9, 2023||–|
|Hungarian Grand Prix||July 23, 2023||–|
|Belgian Grand Prix||July 30, 2023||–|
|Dutch Grand Prix||August 27, 2023||–|
|Italy Grand Prix||September 3, 2023||–|
|Singapore Grand Prix||September 17, 2023||–|
|Japan Grand Prix||September 24, 2023||–|
|Qatar Grand Prix||October 8, 2023||–|
|United States Grand Prix||October 22, 2023||–|
|Mexican Grand Prix||October 29, 2023||–|
|Brazil Grand Prix||November 5, 2023||–|
|United States Grand Prix||November 18, 2023||–|
|Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||November 26, 2023||–|
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV Stream Box
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
No, F1 is not available on the Amazon Prime Video Channels.