Are you looking for a movie streaming platform for free? ExtraMovies would be the best choice to fulfill your needs. But, if you are an Android TV user, you may be disappointed due to the unavailability of the ExtraMovies APK on the Play Store. However, you can install it using the sideloading method or stream its content on TV using the screen mirroring method. Apart from these typical ways, you can also stream ExtraMovies through its official webpage on your TV.
ExtraMovies is a free movie and TV series streaming platform where you can stream different kinds of genres like Action, Romance, kids, and more. The application provides you with multiple links to stream the movie/TV show without any hassle. Moreover, you can also download the content on the app to stream offline.
Let us walk you through the step-by-step instructions for sideloading, web surfing, and screen mirroring methods to stream ExtraMovies on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload ExtraMovies APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the ExtraMovies app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for ExtraMovies APK latest version: bit.ly/4aosiwA
13. Click Go to download the ExtraMovies APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Watch ExtraMovies Using Browser
ExtraMovies has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the ExtraMovies platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://extramovies.africa/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Then, you can access your desired media content for free on your Android TV.
How to Cast ExtraMovies on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the ExtraMovies app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to stream the app’s media content to your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the ExtraMovies app on your Android smartphone from any trusted third-party site.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the ExtraMovies app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
ExtraMovies Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the ExtraMovies app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for ExtraMovies accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that ExtraMovies isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream free movies/series. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to ExtraMovies.
No, the ExtraMovies app is not available for the Android TV.
Yes, the app lets you download subtitles from more than 50+ languages for all available movies and TV series.