ESPN is a one-stop destination for all sports lovers to watch popular sporting events like Football, Tennis, Boxing, NASCAR, etc. To stream ESPN on Android TV, you can install the ESPN app directly from the Google Play Store app. To stream ESPN content on Android TV, you must need an ESPN+ or TV Provider subscription compatible with EPSN+. By subscribing to the service, you can watch popular PPV events, on-demand live events, and much more on your Android TV. It also supports a download feature to stream all the highlights offline.
The subscription lets you access live scores, schedules, stats, and much more content related to sporting events.
ESPN offers two subscription plans for streaming its premium content.
- Disney Bundle Trio Basic: $12.99 per month (With ads)
- Disney Bundle Trio Premium: $19.99 / month (Ad-free)
- Standard Monthly: $9.99
- Standard Yearly: 99.99
You can also stream ESPN content with a TV Provider subscription. Many TV Providers are compatible with ESPN. Some of the popular TV Providers are DirecTV, Xfinity, Cox, Dish, and many more.
How to Install ESPN on Android TV from Play Store
1. Turn On your Android TV and connect your Android TV to the WIFI.
2. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
3. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
4. Enter ESPN in the search bar and locate the app.
5. Select ESPN from the suggested result.
6. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
7. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate ESPN on Android TV
The activation process consists of two types. Either you can activate your ESPN account via a TV provider or with its standalone subscription.
1. Open the ESPN on your Android TV.
2. Next, click on the Settings option on the app and hit the Account Information option.
3. Now, select any one of the options displayed on your TV screen.
Activate via TV Provider:
4. Choose Provider Account – Login option, and select the TV Provider displayed on your TV screen.
5. Finally, log in to your TV Provider account credentials to complete the sign-in process.
Activate via ESPN Account:
4. Select ESPN Account – Login option: you will receive an activation code on your TV screen.
5. Now, visit the ESPN activation website [https://www.espn.com/activate/] on your smartphone or PC.
6. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
7. After that, sign in with your ESPN credentials to complete the activation.
8. Now, ESPN will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install ESPN on Android TV Outside USA
If you can’t find ESPN in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you must use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of ESPN APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the ESPN APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the desired server.
11. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch ESPN Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the ESPN website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.espn.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the website will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast ESPN on Android TV
The ESPN app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast your ESPN content from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the ESPN app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Hit the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, the ESPN app is available on Sony Android TV for streaming.
Yes, you can download the ESPN app on your Google TV device.