Although ES File Explorer is one of the best file manager apps for Android TV, it was removed from the Play Store due to the violation of Google policies. So, ES File Explorer is not available for Android TV as of now. To install this app, you have a sideloading method as the only possible way. Once the app is installed, you can use it for free. However, you need to get a premium subscription for some advanced features. The price may vary based on the region and the device as there is no standard price for this subscription.
With the ES File Explorer on your Android TV, send & receive files from smartphones, manage all your offline files, play video files, store password-protected files, and more. There have been a lot of features on the app ever since its early days. Some of them are bookmark directory, blank file creation, tabbed browsing, three modes of viewing files (grid, list, and detailed list), and more. It is very advantageous and makes your work much easier.
Let us walk you through the instructions for sideloading the ES File Explorer on Android TV along with the app’s troubleshooting tips and alternatives for your additional information.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload ES File Explorer APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the ES File Explorer app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of ES File Explorer APK: bitly.ws/33jtk
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
Alternative Method to Add ES File Explorer on Android TV
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit any reputed third-party site.
2. Download the ES File Explorer APK on your computer.
3. Connect the USB Drive to your computer and then copy the APK file to it.
4. Once done, eject the USB Drive from your PC.
5. Next, connect the USB Drive to your Android TV.
6. After a few minutes, launch a file explorer like Solid Explorer on your Android TV and access the USB Drive.
7. Open the folder that contains the ES File Explorer APK file and open it.
8. Install the ES File Explorer app on your TV.
9. Once the installation is complete, launch the app on your Android TV.
How to Use ES File Explorer on Android TV
1. Go to your Android TV Settings and open the Device Preferences menu.
2. Select the Security & Restrictions option and choose the Unknown Sources option.
3. Go to the ES File Explorer app and turn on the Install Unknown Apps toggle.
4. Then, launch the ES File Explorer app on your TV.
5. Click on the Downloader option.
6. Tap the + New icon on the bottom of the screen.
7. Now, it will display two different fields.
- Path – Enter the URL for the apk file you want to download.
- Name – Enter a name for your apk file.
8. Click on DOWNLOAD NOW and the apk file will download on your TV.
9. After downloading, open the file.
12. Click on INSTALL and the app will install on your Android TV without any hassle.
13. Then, install the Sideload Launcher on your Android TV from the Play Store to access the APK files.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Ematic Android TV Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of ES File Explorer on Android TV
If the ES File Explorer app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the ES File Explorer application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the ES File Explorer app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
ES File Explorer Alternatives
If you feel that ES File Explorer isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to manage your files. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to ES File Explorer.
- Solid Explorer
- File Commander
- X-plore File Manager
- FX File Explorer
Frequently Asked Questions
No. DO Global, the company that owns ES File Explorer was found to be guilty of some of the Play Store regulations. So, all the DO Global apps, including ES File Explorer are removed from the Play Store.
Sync with cloud storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, SugarSync, Amazon S3, Skydrive, and Dropbox on Android TV.