While exploring free streaming apps for Android devices, you should come across the Epix Play app. It is a free streaming app that offers an extensive catalog of video content from all over the world. Since it is a third-party app, you can’t get it from the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you can use either sideloading its APK or casting method to stream Epix Play on your Android TV.
With Epix Play on Android TV, you can watch all the latest films, television series, exclusive shows, documentaries, and more. Additionally, it provides free streaming access to the media library of all reputed streaming services like Netflix, HBO, Prime Video, and a lot more.
In this beginner’s guide, we focus on sideloading and screen mirroring techniques to achieve the successful streaming of Epix Play on Android TV.
How to Sideload Epix Play APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Epix Play app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Epix Play APK latest version: bitly.ws/Z4fk
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Epix Play on Android TV
The Epix Play is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Epix Play from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Sideload the Epix Play app from any third-party site on your smartphone.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Epix Play on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Epix Play Alternatives
If you feel that Epix Play isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Epix Play.
No. Epix Play isn’t available on the Play Store of Android TV as it violates the norms of Google.
Epix Play is a third-party streaming application and it is unsafe to use because of its copyright infringement.