Emby is a media server platform that helps you organize and play your media content on different devices. There is a dedicated app for Emby available on the Play Store of Android Smart TV. So, It can be downloaded straightaway without any hassle. At the same time, you can also sideload it if you face issues like geo-restriction or cast this app if you don’t want to prefer the installation process.
During its early days, Emby was called Media Browser. In the Emby Media Server, you can update any type of media content like videos, music, photos, and more. The best thing about Emby is that it will convert the media files automatically based on the device you are using. It is also equipped with editing tools where you can edit thumbnails for your media content. You can
This comprehensive tutorial will help you to perform the installation, sideloading, and screen mirroring process in order to get Emby for Android TV. As an additional bonus, you can find some troubleshooting tips and alternatives to the Emby app.
Table of Contents
Subscription for Emby Premiere
You can use Emby for free. But, to access all the features without any limitations, you have to buy the Emby Premiere. Emby offers three types of subscriptions on its official subscription page.
With the Emby Premiere subscription, you will get access server on 25 devices. If you want to increase the number of accessing devices, you can update your subscription with $11.99 per month for 45 devices and $19.99 for 75 devices. The lifetime cost of 45 devices is $99.
How to Install Emby on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Emby for Android TV in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Emby from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen of the app appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload Emby APK on Android TV
If you can’t find Emby in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Emby APK latest version: bit.ly/3PU2vDd
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Emby app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Emby on Android TV
The Emby is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Emby from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the Emby from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Emby on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Within a few minutes, the selected video will play on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
NVIDIA Shield TV
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Emby on Android TV
If the Emby app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Emby application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the Emby app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Emby isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to manage media servers. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Emby.
Yes. Since there is an official app for Emby on the Play Store, you can install it directly on your Android TV.
Yes, you can use the Emby on Android TV for free with limited features.