Ematic is a popular Android TV box that you can use to stream live TV channels, movies, TV shows, play games, and more. It is a Google Certified Android TV box that was released on February 7, 2019. There are two different labels under the Android TV box, they are Ematic AGT419 and Jetstream AGT418. If you are planning to buy this Android tv box on Amazon, it will be under the name Ematic AGT419 and on Walmart, it will be under Jetstream AGT418.
Features of Ematic Android TV Box
- You can get access to more than 450,000 movies and TV shows across 4,500+ channels.
- With the Android TV Box, you can stream content in 4K Ultra HD.
- You can easily control the TV box using Google Assistant.
- The TV box has built-in Chromecast support
- The box comes with built-in apps like Netflix and Hulu.
What’s In The Box
- Ematic Android TV Box
- HDMI cable
- DC Adapter
- Remote Control
- 2 AAA batteries
- Quick Start Guide
The price of an Ematic TV box varies because of the difference in specifications. So, the price of the Android TV box is between $59 – $70.
Specifications of Ematic Android TV Box
|CPU||Amlogic S905X 64-bit Quad-Core 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53|
|Dimensions||3.9 x 3.9 x 0.92|
|LAN||RJ-45 10/100 Ethernet|
|Video Decoder Support||H.265 10-bit 4K2K@60fps, H.264 AVC/MVC 4K2K@30fps, VP9 4K*2K @60fps, AVS+, MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10|
|Audio Decoder Support||MPEG1/2/4, MP3, AAC/AAC+, WMA/WMA-pro, FLAC, OGG|
|Ports||HDMI 2.0 4K@60fps|
3.5mm A/V out
Design of Ematic Android TV Box
The Android TV Box has a simple design and is square in shape. On the top of the TV box is the logo of the Ematic and on the front is a LED light for power. On the side of the TV box, there are two 2.0 USB ports and a micro SD card slot. The backside of the Android TV box has a 3.5mm headphone jack, SPDIF digital audio output port, HDMI 2.0 port, DC connecter, and an RJ45 Ethernet port.
Software of Ematic Android TV Box
Android TV box uses Android 9 Pie as the operating system. When you compare it with the latest Android TV 13 OS, Android 9 is way off when it comes to features and operating speed. The advantage of Android 9 Pie is that it is stable. Once the bootup process is over, you need to finish the setup process by connecting the Android TV Box to the WiFi network, choosing your country, language, timezone, and more. On the home screen, you will see some built-in apps like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and more. You can use the Chromecast function to stream content from your devices to your Android TV.
Performance of Ematic Android TV Box
As the Android TV Box supports 4K 60FPS, you can stream movies, TV shows, and more in high quality. Although streaming services like Amazon Prime do not offer content with a resolution beyond 720p, you can stream Netflix videos in 4K as it is certified. You can also play games like Call of Duty, Halo, and more on the Ematic TV box.
How to Connect Ematic Android TV Box to the TV
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV and the other end to your Android TV box.
2. Connect the power adapter to a power source and connect the other end on your Android TV box.
3. Insert batteries on your Android TV remote and turn on your TV.
4. Select the input source where you have connected your Android TV box to your TV.
5. Once you finish the setup process, enjoy streaming your favorite content.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Android TV box costs between $59 – $70.
Yes, Ematic TV Box is certified by Google.
Yes, all the models of Ematic TV boxes come with Bluetooth 4.0 support.