If you wish to add Dropbox to your Android TV then, you are here at the right place. In this section, we are exactly going to discuss in-depth adding the Dropbox app. Dropbox is a very popular American-based file hosting company that was founded in 2007. Dropbox employs a special folder on your device to bring the files together. The contents of these folders are synchronized to Dropbox servers. So, you can access them on a different device by logging in to your Dropbox account with proper credentials.
Dropbox has a lot of cool features, which makes it popular. For instance, you can upload photos and videos automatically on Dropbox if you like. For this, we have the Camera Uploads folder on which you can upload photos and videos from cameras, tablets, and smartphones. Let’s find out more about adding Dropbox to your TV.
Dropbox has a lot of different subscription options to choose from. Based on your requirements, you can choose the right one for you.
- Plus (for individuals): $11.99 per month
- Family (for families): $19.99 per month
- Professional (for individuals): $19.99 per month
- Standard (for small teams): $15 per user per month
- Advanced (for larger teams): $25 per user per month
Dropbox on Android TV
There is no official Dropbox app for Android TV. Therefore, it is impossible to add the app from the Play Store. So, let’s find out other ways to access Dropbox.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Access Dropbox on Android TV with a Browser
You can access Dropbox from its website on your PC. Similarly, let’s make use of a browser to access Dropbox. Web browsers that support Dropbox include Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
1. Firstly, launch the required web browser on Android TV.
2. Next, visit Dropbox.com/login.
3. Login with your Dropbox username and password. You can also sign in with your Google or Apple account.
4. Next, click the Files Option on the left sidebar.
5. Now, you can access all your Dropbox files on your TV easily.
6. You can find a lot of useful features to access your files as follows.
- Search: To search for files and folders.
- Apps: To access Dropbox apps like Paper, Transfer, and App Center.
- Home: To find suggested, recent, and starred files.
How to Add Dropbox on Android TV Via Sideloading
You can add Dropbox to your Android TV by sideloading it from a trusted third-party source. The process of sideloading involves the following steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Download Dropbox using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
To install third-party apps on your Android TV, you need the Downloader app. Downloader is already available in the Android TV Play Store for download. So, let’s download the app as follows.
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the search bar.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the app search results and click the Install button to download the app.
4. Wait for a few minutes so that the app installation is complete.
Enabling Unknown Sources
With the default settings on your Android TV, you can’t install third-party apps. So, make the following settings alterations to install third-party apps.
1. Open the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Choose the Downloader option and tap the toggle located next to it.
Install Dropbox using Downloader
Finally, you can install Dropbox on your TV as a third-party app.
1. Launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Further, click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. Type the URL for Dropbox in the required section.
4. Click the Go option and download the APK file for the Dropbox app.
5. Further, start installing the Dropbox APK on your TV.
6. Wait for the installation to complete and then launch the Dropbox on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
We have a lot of devices that support Dropbox, as listed below.
- Windows (7 and above)
- iPhone and iPad (iOS 12 and above)
- Android (version 6 and above)
- Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I access files on Android TV?
To access files on your TV, you need to install a file manager.
2. How do I get Dropbox on my Android TV?
You need to install Dropbox on your TV as a third-party app since there is no official Android TV app.
3. Can I access Dropbox on Smart TV?
In the above section, we have discussed two methods to access Dropbox on TV.