DooFlix is a free platform that has a wide collection of Hindi movies and high-resolution TV shows. It even provides content from major platforms like Twitch, YouTube, and live TV channels. However, the DooFlix application is unavailable in the official Android TV Play Store. So, you must use the sideload or cast method to stream the DooFlix content. Also, it covers the troubleshooting fixes you can perform if you are struggling with issues of DooFlix not working on your TV.
This guide explains all the possible methods to stream the DooFlix content on your Android TV. In addition, we have also mentioned some similar alternatives if DooFlix doesn’t suit you.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload DooFlix APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the DooFlix app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a standard WiFi connection.
2. On the home screen, tap the Apps section to launch the Google Play Store.
3. Search for “Downloader for TV” and select the app that comes with the following logo.
4. On the application information page, hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to install the app on your device.
6. Once the app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the toggle for the “Downloader for TV” app.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the “Downloader for TV” app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of the DooFlix APK: https://urlsrt.io/DooFlix
13. Click Download to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, click Install from the popup.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the DooFlix app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast DooFlix on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the DooFlix APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the DooFlix APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the DooFlix app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix DooFlix Not Working on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the DooFlix app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for DooFlix accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that DooFlix isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream movies or series. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to DooFlix.
Yes. However, it is not possible to download directly from the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it or screen mirror its content from your mobile to the TV.
No. DooFlix is a third-party platform that has numerous third-party content and leads to malware attacks on your device. So, it is completely unsafe to use this platform.