Would you like to watch Marvel movies and series on Android TV? Disney Plus is the only choice. The Disney Plus app is officially available in the Play Store so you can download it on Android TV with ease. The app is only accessible in specific countries. If you are in a geo-restricted area, you can sideload the Disney Plus APK on Android TV using the Downloader app. Further, you can install any VPN on Android TV to unblock geo-restrictions.
The basic subscription for Disney Plus starts from $7.99 per month but it contains ads. If you want ad-free streaming, you can get Disney+ Premium for $10.99/mo (or) $109.99/year.
How to Install Disney Plus on Android TV/Box from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Disney Plus in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Disney Plus from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your 4k Android TV/ Android TV Box.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content. (skip this step if activation is needed)
How to Activate Disney Plus on Android TV
1. Open Disney Plus on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Login option and enter the valid credentials and sign in to your account.
3. Now, go to the activation website [https://www.disneyplus.com/begin] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
6. Now, Disney Plus will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install Disney Plus on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find Disney Plus in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file from a third-party website.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Disney Plus APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Disney Plus APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch Disney Plus Using a TV Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Disney Plus.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.disneyplus.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of Disney Plus will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your subscribed account credentials.
5. Once the home page appears, you can select and play your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Disney Plus on Android TV
The Disney Plus app has built-in cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Disney Plus from your smartphone to TV.
1. Install Disney Plus from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open Disney Plus on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app and it will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- TiVo Stream 4K
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Key Features of Disney Plus
- Disney Plus has over 100 titles in 4K UHD and HDR.
- With one subscription, you can watch on four screens at once without any additional charges.
- This app has parental control for Android TV to restrict inappropriate content for their children’s profiles.
- You can watch the latest releases, classic shows, and past seasons of TV shows.
- It consists of 15,000 episodes from Pixar, Star Wars, Disney, Nat Geo, etc.
- New content will be updated on its platform every Friday.
Your Disney Plus app may not work on your Android TV Box due to poor internet connection, corrupted cache, outdated firmware of Android TV and Disney Plus app, and many more reasons. You can fix those by following the below troubleshooting techniques.
1. Force close the Disney Plus app and relaunch it after a few seconds.
2. Clear the cache of the Disney Plus app.
3. Update the Disney Plus app.
4. Update your Android TV firmware.
5. Uninstall and re-install the Disney+ app.
6. Restart the Android TV.
Due to a poor internet connection, you may encounter buffering issues on the Disney Plus app. Disney Plus requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps for streaming content in 720p and 25 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD.
Yes, you can get the Disney Plus app on your Google TV.