Discovery Plus is a top-rated streaming service that allows you to stream 2500+ TV shows with ad-free support. By subscribing to Discovery+, you can stream its native channels like TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network, and HGTV. Since the application has a native app on Google Play Store, you can download the app without any hassle on your TV. By installing the Discovery app on your Android TV, you can stream your desired content with HD streaming quality.
Apart from direct installation, you can also install the Discovery+ app on your Android TV by sideloading with the help of sideloading tools like ES File Explorer and Downloader. Since the application has a My List feature, you can add all your favorite content to it to watch later.
Discovery Plus Pricing
Discovery Plus offers a two-way plan for users to stream premium content.
- Discovery+: $4.99 per month.
- Discovery+ (ads-free): $6.99 per month.
How to Install Discovery Plus on Android TV from Play Store
1. Turn On your Android TV and connect your Android TV to the WIFI.
2. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
3. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
4. Enter Discovery Plus in the search bar and locate the app.
5. Select Discovery Plus from the suggested result.
6. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
7. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
8. Now, select the Sign in button and sign in with your account credentials.
9. After logging in, choose any content and start streaming.
How to Install Discovery Plus on Android TV Outside USA
If you can’t find Discovery Plus in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Discovery Plus APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Discovery Plus APK on your TV device.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the desired server.
11. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch Discovery Plus Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Discovery Plus.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.discoveryplus.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Discovery Plus website will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Discovery Plus on Android TV
The Discovery Plus app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Discovery Plus app from your smartphone to your TV device.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Discovery Plus app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, the Discovery Plus app is available on Sony Android TVs.
The Discovery Plus app may not work due to many issues like poor internet connectivity, server downtime, corrupted cache data, etc.