Want to get Discord on your Android TV? You can install the app on your TV but not from your Play Store. Alternatively, we have the sideloading option to get the app through Apk files. You can connect with your Gaming partners on Discord while playing the games on your Android TV.
Discord is an advanced messaging platform used by gamers to chat while playing online games. Unlike WhatsApp, Discord has prime features, like channels, threads, screen sharing, live streaming, creating servers, and more. Apart from mobile, desktop, console, and browsers, Discord isn’t compatible with other devices like Smart TVs and streaming devices.
In this article, you will learn how to sideload the Discord app on Android TV and access the app through the web browser. We have also included the casting method to access the app from Smartphone.
How to Sideload Discord on Android TV
The Discord app is yet to be available for Android TV. To use Discord, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Discord APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Discord APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Select Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Use Discord on Android TV Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Discord.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://discord.com/app] in the address bar and go to the Discord official website.
3. The home screen of Discord will appear on the TV screen.
4. Enter your credentials and click the Log In button.
5. Then, you can access Discord on your Smart TV.
How to Cast Discord on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror Discord from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Discord app from the Play Store on your smartphone.
3. Log in to the Discord account with the credentials.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the app screen will appear on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Discord on Android TV
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can AirPlay Discord to your Smart TV.
1. Enable AirPlay on Android TV and connect to the WiFi to which your smartphone is connected.
2. Head to the App Store and download the Discord app.
3. Sign in to your Discord account.
4. Next, navigate to the Control Panel and tap Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. When the devices are connected, you can see the Discord app screen on your Smart TV.
Discord – Plans & Pricing
Discord offers two subscription plans to users with benefits like custom emoji, Nitro Badge, HD video streaming, server boosts, and more.
|PLANS||PRICING PER MONTH||PRICING PER YEAR|
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box 4K
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Unfortunately, Discord is unavailable for Fire TV devices. However, you can download the Discord app on your Fire TV using Downloader.
Discord doesn’t have a native app for Google TV. Therefore, you can’t install Discord on your Google TV.
No. Discord and Twitch aren’t the same. Discord is a messaging platform. At the same time, Twitch is a video streaming application.
Sometimes, Discord Screen Share might not work due to certain issues like app permissions, poor internet, bugs, etc.