The onscreen keyboard can be annoying sometimes. The biggest drawback of the onscreen keyboard is that it takes up half of the screen on your TV. This will also appear if you are using external keyboards on Android TV. If you are too concerned about the onscreen keyboard, you can disable it on your Android TV by using the Null Keyboard app.
Table of Contents
Steps to Disable Onscreen Keyboard on Android TV
In the Android TV settings, there is no built-in feature to turn off the onscreen keyboard. You have to use the third-party app called Null Keyboard for this specific task.
1. On your Android TV home screen, open the Google Play Store app.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Downloader app.
3. Click the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
4. On your Android TV Settings menu, go to the Device Preferences option.
5. Then, click on Security and Restrictions.
6. From the Unknown Sources section, turn on the Downloader toggle.
7. Now, open the Downloader app and enter the URL of the AFTVnews Plugin (browser.aftvnews.com). Download the plugin.
8. Then, enter the NUll Keyboard APK and click the Go button.
9. On the next screen, tap the Install button.
How to Disable Onscreen Keyboard on Android TV Using Null Keyboard
1. Go to your Android TV Settings page.
2. Click on the Device Preferences option.
3. From there, click on the Keyboard option.
4. Select the Current Keyboard option and hit the Manage Keyboard button.
5. You can see the set of available virtual keyboards. Choose the Null Keyboard option.
6. You will see a warning message. Click on OK.
7. Now, go back to the Current keyboard menu and choose Null keyboard.
8. After enabling it, you won’t get the onscreen keyboard on your Android TV.
There are keyboard options like Google Korean Input, Google Pinyin Input, Google Voice Typing, and more available on Android TV. You can choose any one of them.