Today, streaming apps are available in every category. You can get streaming apps for movies, sports, music, live TV channels, and more. CuriosityStream is one of the streaming apps on that list. With the CuriosityStream app, you will get documentaries from Stephen Hawkings, David Attenborough, Michio Kaku, and more. For Android TV and Android TV Box, CuriosityStream has its app called CuriosityStream – Watch Documentaries Online (TV).
Most of the shows in CuriosityStream are based on science and history. The app will include categories like History, Technology, Nature, Human Spirit, and Civilization. The streaming app is based in the USA and it is available all over the world.
CuriosityStream offers four types of subscription plans.
- $2.99 per month (HD Content).
- $9.99 per month (4K Content).
- $19.99 per year (HD Content).
- $69.99 per year (4K Content).
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install CuriosityStream on Android TV
1. On your Android TV, go to the Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type CuriosityStream and click the Search icon.
4. Your Android TV will search for the CuriosityStream app.
5. Select the CuriosityStream app from your search results.
6. Click on the Install button to get the Curiosity Stream app.
7. Open the CuriosityStream app.
8. You will get the CuriosityStream Activation Code on your TV screen.
9. Visit the CuriosityStream Activation website on your phone or PC. Sign in with your CuriosityStream account if asked.
10. Enter the activation code in the box provided.
11. Click on the Continue button.
12. Now, the CuriosityStream app will be activated on your TV.
13. Play any video content and watch them on your Android TV.
How to Cast CuriosityStream on Android TV
1. Connect both your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the CuriosityStream app from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Open the CuriosityStream app and signin with your account.
4. Go to the video content page and click the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list that appears.
6. Now, play any video content on CuriosityStream. It will appear on your TV.
How to Sideload CuriosityStream on Android TV
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the search results and tap the Install button.
4. Then, go to the Android TV Settings menu and choose the Device Preferences option.
5. Select the Security & Restrictions option.
6. Choose the Unknown Sources menu and enable the Downloader toggle.
7. Then, open the Downloader app.
8. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin download URL (browser.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
9. Now, enter the CuriosityStream Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
10. Download the APK file and select the Install button.
11. Open the CuriosityStream app and signin with your account. If you can’t open the CuriosityStream APK file, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV
12. Stream all the documentaries on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV [Version 5.0 and later]
- Roku TV Stick
- Apple TV [4th generation and later]
- Google Chromecast
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get the CuriosityStream on your Sony Smart TV from the Play Store.
No, you can’t watch CuriosityStream on YouTube. But, with the YouTube TV subscription, you can access the CuriosityStream video content.