CucoTV is a feature-filled movie streaming application that allows you to stream plenty of movies and TV shows for free. If you are looking to download the CucoTV APK from the Play Store, we are sorry to inform you that the CucoTV app is unavailable on the Play Store. But still, you can stream CucoTV on Android TV only by sideloading its APK or casting its content from a smartphone.
With this app, you can stream thousands of movies and TV series in high-quality video resolution. You can stream all the available content with its built-in player. Although the application has a built-in media player, it also allows you to stream content with external media players like VLC and MX Player.
In this section, you can learn about the instructions for sideloading and screen mirroring methods in order to stream CucoTV on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload CucoTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the CucoTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for CucoTV APK latest version: bit.ly/3rGRzke
13. Hit Go to get the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading the APK, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, to hide the IP address and stream content on the app anonymously.
17. Click Open to launch the application and watch your desired media content on Android TV.
How to Cast CucoTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the CucoTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Download and install the CucoTV app on your Android phone.
3. Launch the CucoTV app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play any video content on the application.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Tap your Android TV. Now, the video will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
CucoTV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the CucoTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for CucoTV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that CucoTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service, then you can switch over to some other platform to stream more content. Here are some of the best alternatives that are listed below.
No, CucoTV is officially unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV and some other Android-based platforms.
No. CucoTV is not safe to use as it contains a lot of copyrighted media content in its library.