If you are an anime lover, then Crunchyroll is the best choice for you. It contains over 1,000 tiles from various categories. The app is compatible to download on Android devices, PlayStation, Xbox, and many more. If you are an Android TV user, you can directly install the Crunchyroll app on your TV from the Play Store. Remember that, the free plan will contain ads and you can stream a limited simulcast episodes.
For ad-free streaming, you can upgrade to Fan($7.99), Mega Fan($9.99), or Ultimate Fan($14.99). Crunchyroll also offers a 14-day free trial so you can use this opportunity to stream Anime content for free on a big screen of your Android TV.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Crunchyroll in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Crunchyroll from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Android TV
1. Open Crunchyroll on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the Crunchyroll activation website [https://beta.crunchyroll.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Log in to your account, enter the code, and click the Activate button.
5. After that, sign in with your login details.
6. Now, the Crunchyroll app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Android TV Outside the USA
If you can’t find Crunchyroll in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Crunchyroll Premium Mode APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Crunchyroll APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
Note: If you are in a geo-restricted region, you can install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
10. Then launch the Crunchyroll app and watch the content.
How to Watch Crunchyroll Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the Crunchyroll.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL https://www.crunchyroll.com/ in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Crunchyroll will appear on the TV screen.
4. Tap the Profile icon on the top right corner of the screen hit the login option and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on Android TV
Crunchyroll has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast videos from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install Crunchyroll from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Key Features of Crunchyroll
- It has millions of registered users worldwide and offers licensed content.
- It has anime from different categories like fantasy, martial arts, comedy, drama, and shonen.
- You can access many popular shows like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Attack on Titan, My Dress-Up Darling, and many more on its platform.
- By having its subscription you can stream without any ads.
- You can connect up to 6 devices by having the Ultimate Fan subscription.
- You can stream its content in HD or SD quality.
Yes. You can get the Crunchyroll app on your Sony Android TV.
If your WIFI signal is weak you may experience the buffering issues. To resolve the issue, connect your Android TV to a stable internet connection.
You can install the Crunchyroll app on your Google TV from the Play Store.