Popular streaming platforms like Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, HBO MAX, and STARZ are available only in the USA. You can’t install and access these streaming apps outside the USA. If you want to access these streaming in your home country, for instance, Canada, you have to use VPNs on Android TV. But, using Crave on Android TV, you can watch all the US-only streaming apps in Canada. Crave is available only in Canada.
Apart from the US-only streaming apps, you can also get universal streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime. With the Crave subscription, you can also watch all the Crave Original libraries.
Crave offers both monthly and annual subscriptions.
- $9.99 per month for only one device.
- $19.99 per year for four devices.
- $99.90 per month for only one device.
- $199.90 per year for four devices.
The offline download access and the cast support are available only on the yearly plan. There is no free trial available on the Crave platform.
Crave on Android TV
Crave is an application that you can access in Canada. Unfortunately, if you are in the United States, you can’t access the app on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install Crave on Android TV in Canada
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. Next, click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon and search for the Crave app.
4. Pick up the Crave app from search results.
5. Next, click on the Install button to get the Crave app on your Android TV.
6. Launch the new Crave app on your TV once the download ends.
7. From the app, go to the Account Management menu and click the Sign In button. If you can’t access the Account Management section, play any video on the Crave app.
8. The Crave Activation code will appear on your TV screen.
9. On your PC or Smartphone, go to the Crave Activation Site (https://www.crave.ca/androidtv) on any browser.
10. Sign in with your Crave account to get the activation page.
11. Enter the Crave Activation Code and click the Activate button.
12. A confirmation message will appear on the screen within a few seconds.
13. Once the app is activated, enjoy streaming the app on your TV.
How to add Crave on Android TV Outside Canada
If you are residing outside Canada, you need to sideload the Crave app on your Android TV.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Crave using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and then type Downloader to search for the tool.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the suggestions.
4. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. In the same way, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access the Crave APK file.
6. Go to the Android TV Settings menu.
7. Open the Device Preferences option.
8. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Select the Unknown Sources option.
10. Enable the Downloader app toggle to sideload apps on Android TV.
11. Launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
12. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
13. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin download URL (browser.aftvnews.com) and install it. Without the plugin, you can’t install APK files on Downloader.
14. Now, type in the Crave TV Android TV APK URL and click the GO button.
15. Download the APK file for the Crave app.
16. Tap the Install button to get the Crave APK on your Android TV.
77. Finally, launch the Crave app on your TV and watch all the video content.
How to Cast Crave on Android TV
If you have the Crave app on your Android or iOS device, you can cast it on your Android TV. Make sure that you are using Crave’s yearly subscription plan. In the monthly subscription plan, the Cast icon won’t appear on the app. If you try to mirror the Crave app to your TV, you will get only the black screen.
1. Make sure to connect your smartphone or tablet and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Crave app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
3. Launch the app and complete the sign-in process as required.
4. Browse through the app so that you can find something interesting to play.
5. Play the content on the app that you want to stream.
6. Click the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the Crave app.
7. Choose your Android TV from the list displayed on your TV screen.
8. Within a few minutes, the video from the Crave app will stream on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd Gen and above)
- Apple TV (4th Generation and above)
- Roku TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Bell Streamer
- Xbox One
- PS4 and PS5
- Android tablet
- Android phone
- iPad (iOS 11 and above)
- iPhone (iOS 11 and above)
- Windows tablets
- Windows Phone
- PC and Mac (Web Browsers)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Crave has its own dedicated app for Android TVs, Apple TVs, and other smart TVs.
If you are residing outside Canada, you can’t get the Crave app.