Cox Contour app offers live TV and on-demand content based on your location. You must buy a Cox TV subscription to access all the video content. The Cox Contour app is available only for smartphones and tablets. To get the Cox Contour app on your Android TV, you have to sideload it using any of the third-party installers like Downloader.
How to Sideload Cox Contour APK on Android TV
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
4. From your Android TV home screen, click on the Settings icon.
5. Choose Device Preference and click Security and Restriction.
6. Click on Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader toggle.
7. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
8. Select Home in the left side panel.
9. In the search box, enter browser.aftvnews.com and install the plugin. Without the AFTVnews plugin, you cannot install any APK files on the Downloader app.
10. Then, enter the Cox Contour Android TV APK URL.
11. Hit Go and download the APK file.
12. Tap the Install button to get the app on your Android TV.
13. Launch the app and watch all your favorite movies and TV shows on your Android TV.
How to Cast Cox Contour to Android TV
2. Then, connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Cox Contour app and tap the Cast icon.
4. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
5. Now, play any video content from the app.
6. It will appear on your Android TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and choose Disconnect.
Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box
- NVIDIA Shield TV Box
- Mecool Android TV Box
No, the Cox Contour app is not available for Samsung Smart TVs.