Coursera is the best online course provider that offers more than 4000 courses to learn from different fields. It brings both free and paid courses for the students. Coursera collaborates with more than 150 universities such as Yale, The University of Michigan, Google, IBM, and many more. Further, the courses are available at affordable prices. With Coursera courses, you can excel in your professional career. Coursera is accessible on various devices, including Android TV.
On Coursera, you will find master courses in-demand job skills, including Python, Digital Marketing, SQL, Accounting, Finance, Artificial Intelligence, and more. And the courses are downloadable, so you can learn offline too. Further, you can learn easily with quizzes, exercises, and assignments. Coursera supports around 40 languages and is available globally.
Coursera can be downloaded for free, but you need to get a subscription to learn the courses. Coursera Plus is a subscription plan that gives you unlimited access to 90% of the learning programs.
- A single course costs from $39 to $99 and a master track costs $2000 to $5000.
- Coursera Plus costs $59 per month and $399 per annum.
- You can get a degree ranging from $9000 to $45000.
Coursera on Android TV
Coursera isn’t officially available for Android TV. So, let’s look at the alternative ways to learn the courses from Coursera on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV STREAMS
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Learn Courses with Coursera on Android TV
1. Start your Android TV and connect it to a strong internet connection.
2. Open any web browser on the TV. For example, launch Google Chrome.
3. Visit Coursera’s official website and sign in to your account.
4. Choose the lesson that you want to watch from Coursera.
5. Play the video and watch it on your TV.
How to Sideload Coursera on Android TV
You can sideload the Coursera APK file on Android TV with the Downloader app. Downloader is the best app to download third-party apps on Android TV.
Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Connect the Android TV to a network connection.
2. Choose the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Tap on the Search icon and enter Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Choose the Downloader app and click the Install button.
Enable the Unknown Sources
1. From the home screen of your Android TV, go to Settings.
2. Tap on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
Install Coursera on Android TV with Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Tap Allow on the prompt that appears on the TV screen.
3. Provide the URL for the Coursera APK for Android TV in the Downloader app.
4. Tap the Go button to start downloading the APK file.
5. Next, tap Install to install the Coursera APK file.
6. After the installation, tap Open to launch the app.
7. Sign in with your account and start learning the courses from Coursera on Android TV.
Related: How to watch Udemy on Android TV.
How to Screen Mirror Coursera on Android TV
1. Make sure that you have connected your Android smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Coursera app from Play Store on your smartphone.
3. Open the Coursera app and tap the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices available.
5. Play the lesson videos and watch them on your Android TV.
Other Devices that Support Coursera
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Web browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Coursera app is not available for Android TV. You have to use the website or the APK file to access Coursera.
Yes, Coursera has a monthly plan which costs $59 per month with a 7-day free trial.