CONtv is an OTT streaming service that produces on-demand videos from popular comics. For Android TV, you can install it directly as CONtv is natively available on the Play Store. On the other side, you can sideload the app if you can’t find the app on the Play Store or screen mirror the app to the TV from your smartphone.
CONtv is free, but if you want to have an ad-free experience and access all the features, you have to buy the subscription plan. The app has an easy-to-use interface, and videos in 720p and 1080p. Also, you will get comics from almost all genres in multiple languages
In this article, we have covered the possible ways, such as sideloading, web surfing, and screen mirroring, to watch CONtv on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
Pricing for CONtv Premium
CONtv offers three types of subscription packages based on the duration. You can get any of them from the subscription page of Peacock TV.
How to Install CONtv on Android TV
1. On your Android TV home screen, open the Google Play Store app.
2. Search for the CONtv app.
3. Select the app from the search results.
4. Click on the Install button to get the app on your Android Smart TV.
5. After the installation process is completed, launch the app.
6. Watch all the anime content on your Android TV.
How to Watch CONtv on Android TV via Website
CONtv has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the CONtv platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser like Google Chrome on your Android TV.
2. Then, go to the official website of CONtv (https://www.contv.com/).
3. Sign up for a new account if you want.
4. Now, you will get all the video content.
5. Click on the Hamburger option to see various options inside the menu. The menu contains various types of genres.
6. Click on Watch to see the video content on your Android TV.
7. Tap on the Save button to add the videos to your favorite list.
How to Sideload CONtv on Android TV
If you can’t find the Peacock TV app in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of CONtv APK: bit.ly/3uNZZas
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the CONtv app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast CONtv on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the CONtv APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the MovieRulz APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the MovieRulz app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sharp Smart TV
Sony Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Nvidia Shield TV
Ematic Android TV Box
Yes. CONtv has its dedicated app on the Play Store. So, you can get the app on Android TV.
No, CONtv is not included with Amazon Prime on Android TV. However, you can get a 7-day free trial.