Comedy Central is one of the most popular entertainment channels in the United States. You can install the Comedy Central app on your Android TV to stream trending web shows, live TV, movies, digital originals, series, and more. To watch Comedy Central on your Smart TV you must have a TV Provider subscription. Alternatively, if you have installed streaming service apps, you can find Comedy Central in its channel lineup. If you can’t be able to install Comedy Central, you can cast the content from your smartphone to your Smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Comedy Central on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Comedy Central in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Comedy Central from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Comedy Central on Android TV
1. Open Comedy Central on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Sign In button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the Comedy Central activation website on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. After that, sign in with your TV provider or subscribed account to complete the activation.
6. Now, Comedy Central will be activated on your TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install Comedy Central on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find Comedy Central in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Comedy Central APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Comedy Central APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app.
11. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, connect to the US server, and watch the content.
How to Watch Comedy Central Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Comedy Central.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL cc.com in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of Comedy Central will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click Live TV and select Sign in with your TV provider.
5. Choose your TV provider and enter the credentials.
6. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Comedy Central on Android TV
Comedy Central is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast Comedy Central from your smartphone to the TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open Comedy Central on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
How to Watch Comedy Central Without Cable on Android TV
If you don’t have an active TV provider subscription, you can install the streaming service apps to access Comedy Central on your Smart TV.
|fuboTV on Android TV
|DirecTV Stream on Android TV
|Philo on Android TV
|Hulu on Android TV
|Vidgo on Android TV
|5 – 21 Days*
|YouTube TV on Android TV
|Sling TV on Android TV
Note: The free trial period on YouTube TV varies frequently.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the Comedy Central app on your Philips TV. All you need to do is, Sign in with details of your TV provider to start streaming Comedy Central.
Yes, you can watch Comedy Central streaming live on its app. Furthermore, you can enjoy all episodes of your favorite Comedy Central shows on demand.
Yes, the Comedy Central app is available on Firestick and you can download the app from the Amazon App Store.
You can install the Comedy Central app on your Android TV for free. But, you will need an active TV provider subscription to stream the content.