Are you looking for a multi-featured media player for your Android TV? CnX Player will be the apt choice. Compared to VLC, CnX Player is one of the most powerful media players that lets you stream 4K UHD and HDR videos seamlessly on your Smart TV. The CnX Player app is compatible with the Android TV and can be installed directly from the Google Play Store. The player supports almost all video codecs, such as MPEG-2, HEVC, AVC, X265, and more.
You can screen mirror the CnX Player to your Smart TV via AirPlay or Chromecast. Though the CnX Player is free to use, you need to upgrade to the premium version to get the elite features, like Professional 10-bit codec playback, etc. If the CnX Player fits your preference, follow the setup guide to install it.
How to Install CnX Player on Android TV from Play Store
1. Navigate to the Android TV home screen and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter CnX Player in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select CnX Player from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload CnX Player APK on Android TV
If you can’t find CnX Player in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install Downloader on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of CnX Player APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the CnX Player APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast CnX Player on Android TV
The CnX Player is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the CnX Player from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the CnX Player on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want, select AirPlay, and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Features of CnX Player
Some of the notable features of CnX Player are as follows,
- Supports multiple video formats, MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, Webm, and more.
- Lets you change audio tracks on video.
- Consumes less battery even when you stream high-quality videos.
- The player supports various language subtitles.
- Multiple customizations for video playback.
- Manages your video collections effortlessly.
CnX Player Pricing
Below we have listed the pricing of CnX Player’s premium features.
|Remove Banner Ads||$4.99|
|Professional Video Codecs||$9.99|
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes. The CnX Player app is available for Philips Android TV and can be installed from the Play Store.
Yes. You can easily cast videos from your Windows PC to Chromecast.