The Cable News Network or CNN is a trusted news provider in multiple countries. You can access the CNN TV channels in more than 200 countries. CNN also has an app in which you can access any news article on your smartphone and other smart devices. For Android TV, CNN has its own dedicated app called CNNgo. You can install the CNNgo app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store to get all the breaking news.
CNN also offered CNN+, a subscription-based app with original programs. But, within a month of its launch, the CNN+ services were shut down. Now, with the CNN app, you can watch all the world news, live radio stations, original series, and more.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Install CNN on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the internet connection.
2. Select the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Tap the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. Using the virtual on-screen keyboard, type in CNNgo on the search bar and search for it.
5. Select the CNNgo app icon from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button to get the CNNgo app.
7. Open the CNNgo app on your Android TV.
8. You will get the CNN Activation Code on your TV screen.
9. Using a PC or smartphone, go to the CNN Activation website (https://edition.cnn.com/activate).
10. On the list of devices, choose the Android TV option.
11. On the next page, enter the CNN Activation Code and click on the Continue to Verify button.
12. The CNNgo app will be activated on your Android TV.
13. Get all the breaking news around you on your Android TV.
How to Cast CNN on Android TV
In the older version of the CNN app, the Cast feature is available as a built-in feature. But, with the latest version, the Cast feature is removed from the app. So, you have to screen mirror the CNN app from your smartphone.
1. Go to the Notification Centre on your Android device.
2. Next, select the Screen Cast or the Cast icon on the screen.
Note: The name of the icon might be a little different on certain devices.
3. Pick your Android TV from the list of devices.
4. On the next confirmation screen, click the Start Now button.
5. Now, open the CNN app on your smartphone. You can install the app from the Play Store.
6. Play any video content and it will appear on your Android TV.
2. Connect your iPhone and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Next, open the Replica app. It will search for nearby casting devices.
4. Choose your Android TV from the list on your screen.
5. Tap Connect on the pop-up that appears on your iPhone.
6. Now, your iPhone screen will be mirrored to your Android TV.
7. Then, open the CNN app and play any video. If you don’t have the CNN app, install it from the App Store.
8. The video will appear on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android Smartphones
Frequently Asked Questions
CNN news channel is not available on the Amazon Prime Video channels.
You can use live TV providers like Hulu, YouTube TV, and Sling TV on Android TV to watch CNN without cable.