Are you interested to explore Cinemax shows on your Android TV? Cinemax has a native app for Android TV and can be installed from the Google Play Store. To access Cinemax, you need to link your TV provider account with login credentials. Alternatively, you can get Cinemax on streaming platforms and live TV streaming services as a channel or an add-on. The platforms cater content in multiple genres to users, such as thrillers, action, etc. With Cinemax, you can stream popular movies, and series, such as Outcast, Warrior, The Knick, Redemption, and more.
If you like to watch your favorite Cinemax shows on a bigger screen, download and install the app on your Android TV using our comprehensive guide.
Below we have listed the pricing of Cinemax on streaming platforms and services.
|Platforms/Services||Base Price||Cinemax Add-on Cost||Installation Guide|
|Amazon Prime Video||$14.99/month||$9.99/month||Prime Video on Android TV|
|Hulu||$7.99/month||$9.99/month||Hulu on Android TV|
|YouTube TV||$72.99/month||$9.99/month||YouTube TV on Android TV|
|The Roku Channel||Free||$9.99/month||The Roku Channel on Android TV|
How to Install Cinemax on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Cinemax in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Cinemax from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Install Cinemax on Android TV Outside US
If you can’t find Cinemax in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Cinemax APK in the URL field. Make sure that you’ve got the downloading link of Cinemax APK from trusted sources.
8. Click Go to download the Cinemax APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the Cinemax content.
Use VPN for Cinemax
In some countries, Cinemax isn’t accessible due to geo-restrictions. To bypass the restriction, we suggest using the finest VPN on your Android TV device to access the Cinemax content without interruptions. Using a VPN, lets you stay anonymous by hiding your IP address thus ensuring higher privacy and security. Moreover, the IP address can’t even be tracked by hackers.
How to Cast Cinemax on Android TV
Unfortunately, the Cinemax mobile app is unavailable on the Play Store or App Store. Therefore, you can install the streaming service or platform app to cast the content.
1. Install the streaming platform/service app on your smartphone.
2. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network to which your smartphone is connected.
3. Open the app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Cinemax is available on Android TV devices. To install, navigate to Apps → Google Play Store → Search icon → Search for Cinemax→ Download.
Cinemax doesn’t have a specific subscription or membership plan. You need to subscribe to either live TV or cable TV provider to access the content.
Yes. Cinemax is available as an addon on YouTube TV. You can try the 7-day free trial on Cinemax, to explore the content.