Cinemax is an HBO-owned streaming app that is much loved in the United States. The Cinemax app can be considered to be a complete entertainment app. It has a library rich with shows that include all popular genres, like horror, sci-fi, action, drama, comedy, adventure, and much more. You need to note that Cinemax streams original movies and series. Let’s how to install the Cinemax app on Android TV.
The titles on Cinemax are categorized under different genres so that you can find them easily. Also, the app has a simple interface to make it easier for you to use it. Get to know the app streaming schedule ahead of time on Cinemax. Popular Cinemax shows include The Chronicles of Riddick, Warrior, Bourne Legacy, and Hunted.
- Cinemax app costs $9.99 per month.
- This subscription gives you a free trial for seven days.
Cinemax for Android TV
Cinemax doesn’t have an app on the Android TV platform. So, we need to find alternative methods to get the Cinemax app on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add Cinemax for Android TV
You have to sideload the Cinemax app to your Android TV.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Cinemax using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Adding Downloader on your Android TV is one of the very first things you need to do in adding Cinemax on your TV. This is because Downloader can install third-party apps on your device.
1. Power on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Select the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search icon and type in Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Pick up the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
The Downloader app on your Android TV can’t install third-party apps until you make changes to the default settings of your Android TV.
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
2. On the menu, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Finally, select the Downloader option and turn on the toggle.
Sideload Cinemax on Android TV using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Just as a prompt appears on your screen, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the Cinemax Android TV APK download link.
4. To download the Cinemax APK, click on the Go option.
5. Tapp Install to get the Cinemax app on your TV.
7. Once the download completes, launch the Cinemax app on your TV.
How to Cast Cinemax on Android TV
1. Connect both the PC and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, launch the Chrome browser from your PC.
3. Visit Cinemax’s official website and log in to your account.
4. Click the three-dotted icon or right-click anywhere on the screen.
5. From the menu on your screen, select the Cast option.
6. Then, choose your Android TV device.
7. Click on the Source drop-down and choose the Cast tab option.
8. With that being done, you can see your PC screen mirroring on the TV screen.
Other Streaming Services to Stream Cinemax
As we have the Cinemax streaming services, it is possible to access the app on your TV with these apps. The following services have Cinemax streaming in them.
Other Supported Devices
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Android phones
- PlayStation 4 and 5
- Nintendo Switch
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Cinemax has no standalone app for Android TV.
Yes, you can get Cinemax for free with the Amazon Prime subscription.