Cinema HD is one of the best free video streaming applications. You can stream movies and TV shows from genres like Action, Comedy, Thriller, Romance, Family, War, and more. It also has thousands of movies and TV shows in its content library. It is compatible with Android, Firestick, Android TV, and other Android devices. Cinema HD is easy to use and has a good user interface. But like other apps, there are times Cinema HD may encounter problems like video buffering, no internet connection, playback failure, server error, and more. Cinema HD not working on your Android TV can be easily solved using the troubleshooting methods below.
17 Simple Ways to Solve Cinema HD Not Working
- Check Unknown Sources
- Check Internet Connection
- Update Cinema HD to the Latest Version
- Clear Cache and Data on Cinema HD
- Turn Off Auto Play Option
- Use A VPN
- Check Whether Cinema HD Servers are down
- Force Stop Cinema HD
- Free Up Storage Space
- Use External Media Player
- Uninstall and Reinstall Cinema HD
- Set Up Real-Debrid on Cinema HD
- Disable Show Debrid Only
- Enable Providers
- Solve Cinema HD No Streams or Links
- Cinema HD Playing Wrong Movies or TV Shows
- Try Cinema HD Apk Alternatives
1. Check Unknown Sources
Cinema HD is a third-party app not available on any app store. So to install Cinema HD on Android TV, you need to sideload the app using Downloader. If you are experiencing an error while sideloading, it means your Android TV does not allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote and select Settings on the home screen.
2. Click on Device Preferences and select Security & Restrictions.
3. Select Unknown sources. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
2. Check Internet Connection
The reason Cinema HD is not working might be due to your internet connection. If the internet is not working or there is a poor internet connection, it can cause Cinema HD not to work properly. It may also be due to too many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi leading to slow internet speed. Cinema HD requires a standard connection to stream the content.
- Standard Definition Videos – 3 Mbps
- High Definition Videos – 5 Mbps
- Ultra HD Videos – 25 Mbps
So, check your internet speed using speed test applications. If your internet speed is slow, try restarting the router.
1. Turn off your Android TV and Router.
2. Unplug the power cable of your router from the wall outlet.
3. Wait for at least 5 minutes and plug the power cable back into the outlet.
4. Turn on your Android TV and Router. Now, check whether the internet is working or not.
You can also try disconnecting other devices from the Wi-Fi and check whether Cinema HD is working or not.
3. Update Cinema HD to the Latest Version
The developers will fix bugs, errors, glitches, and more with every update. It also provides new and improved features for the app. While using an older app version, you will experience technical issues like a blank screen and more.
1. Make sure that your Downloader is enabled under the unknown sources setting so that you can update your Cinema HD app.
2. Open the Cinema HD app on your Android TV.
3. Select Menu on the top left side of the screen.
4. Scroll down and click on New Update available.
5. Click on Install to install the latest version on your TV.
4. Clear Cache and Data on Cinema HD
If too much cache and data are stored on your Cinema HD over a long period, it can cause lags, buffering issues, latency issues, and more. So, you must clear all the cache and data stored on your Cinema HD.
1. Turn on your Android TV and select Settings on the home screen.
2. Click on Apps and choose the Cinema HD app from the list of apps available.
3. Select Clear Cache and click on OK to clear all the cache stored on your app.
4. After clearing the cache files, clear the app data.
5. Launch the Cinema HD app again and stream the content.
5. Turn Off Auto Play Option
Like YouTube, Cinema HD has an autoplay feature. When you enable this function, your app automatically chooses and plays a link whenever you select a movie or TV show. The problem with this feature is that if the chosen link is broken, you will experience playback failure. Even if you try again, there are a lot of possibilities that another broken link might be selected. So, the only way to solve this issue is to turn off the Auto Play option.
1. Launch your Android TV and select Apps on the home screen.
2. Navigate to Cinema HD and open the app.
3. Select the Menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
4. Click on Settings and select the Auto Play option.
5. Turn off Autoplay next episode and Auto next with first subtitle in list. Now, check whether the app is working.
6. Use A VPN
Are you having trouble playing the content on your Cinema HD app because of errors like ‘No Data error’ or ‘No Links Available Error?’ These errors occur when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or government blocks streaming on third-party apps or denies access to the websites where your link gets the content. You can use an Android TV VPN to solve this problem.
1. Switch on your Android TV and select Apps.
2. Launch Play Store and enter ExpressVPN on the search bar. You can also try VPNs that are natively available for Android TV.
3. Choose the ExpressVPN app from the search results and select Install.
4. Wait for the installation to be over, and open the Express VPN app.
5. Enter your Login Credentials and select the Power icon to turn on the VPN.
6. Now, check whether Cinema HD is working or not.
7. Check Whether Cinema HD Servers are Down
Another reason for Cinema HD not working might be due to its servers. If there is a problem with the servers, you won’t be able to stream Cinema HD. You can check whether Cinema HD servers are down by visiting a third-party site called DownDetector. If the servers are down, then all you can do is wait until the servers are fixed.
8. Force Stop Cinema HD
Force closing the app on Android TV might be another solution to fix Cinema HD not working on Android Smart TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and click on Settings.
2. Select Apps and choose the Cinema HD app.
3. Click on Force Stop and select OK.
4. Launch the app again and check whether it is working.
9. Free Up Storage Space
Like most Smart TVs, Android TV comes with good internal space. With the addition of pre-installed apps, the internal storage space available for use will be less. And if you install many apps, the storage space on your TV will be very low, which can cause problems like lags, latency issues, and more. The only way to solve this problem is to uninstall the apps you don’t need anymore.
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote.
2. Select Settings and click on Apps.
3. Choose the app that you want to uninstall and select Uninstall.
4. The app will be uninstalled from your device.
10. Use External Media Player
If there is a problem with the built-in default media player, you won’t be able to stream the content, and it might even cause other problems. So, try to integrate third-party Android TV video players with Cinema HD to stream the content.
1. Open the Cinema HD app.
2. Select the Menu icon and click on Settings.
3. Choose the General option and click on Choose default player.
4. Choose the video player you want from the list of available players.
5. Now, try to play the content you want.
11. Uninstall and Reinstall Cinema HD
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Cinema HD on your Android TV to solve the not working problem.
Uninstall Cinema HD
1. Launch your Android TV and select Settings on the home screen.
2. Click on Apps and select See All Apps.
3. Choose Cinema HD from the list of available apps and select Uninstall.
4. Select OK, and the app will be uninstalled on your Android TV.
Reinstall Cinema HD
1. Click on Apps on the home screen and select Play Store.
2. Enter Downloader on the search bar and choose the app from the search results.
3. Click on Install and wait for the installation to finish.
4. Make sure that Downloader is enabled to install apps from Unknown sources.
5. Now, Open the Downloader app and type the URL of the Cinema HD apk on the URL box.
6. Select Go, and the app will be downloaded on your TV. Click on Install.
7. Wait for the installation to finish and open the Cinema HD app.
8. Now, check whether the Cinema HD app is working.
12. Set Up Real-Debrid on Cinema HD
Although Cinema HD provides multiple links for each movie and TV show, there may not be a single working link for particular content. You should consider linking a premium debrid account with your Cinema HD. You can easily get the highest quality links available for each content by linking them together.
1. Open the Cinema HD app on your Android TV and select the Menu icon.
2. Select Settings and click on Account.
3. Click on Login to Real-Debrid.
4. On the window that appears, note down the code.
5. From any of your devices, open a browser.
6. Enter https://real-debrid.com/device on the search bar.
7. Type the code that you have noted down and select Continue.
8. Now, go back to the app and check whether Real-Debrid is authorized.
9. Choose the content you want and select links with “RD” to stream the content.
13. Disable Show Debrid Only
Real-Debrid on Cinema HD brings you a lot of advantages, but not everyone likes to use it. For example, if the Show Debrid Only option is turned on, then you won’t be able to see any links because this function only allows links from Read-Debrid to be shown. Although this feature is turned off by default, you might have turned it on because of a mistake.
1. Turn on your Android device and select Apps.
2. Launch the Cinema HD app, and on the home screen, select the Menu icon.
3. Click on Settings and select Account.
4. Check whether Show Debrid Only is enabled. If it is, then disable it by clicking the toggle.
Note: For Real-Debrid users, by having this feature enabled you will only see links from Real-Debrid. It will be very useful as you no longer need to search for Debrid links specifically.
14. Enable Providers
The source links on Cinema HD come from many different providers. So, you need to ensure all the providers are enabled, especially when you don’t have any premium sources account linked to your app. Normally, all the providers on Cinema HD will be enabled. If some providers are disabled by mistake, you need to enable it.
1. Open the Cinema HD app and click on the Hamburger icon in the top left corner.
2. Select Settings and click on Performance.
3. Click on Choose providers to enable.
4. On the list of providers that appears, ensure that all are enabled.
15. Solve Cinema HD No Streams or Links
If you find that there are no free streaming links for some content, link your Cinema HD app with premium sources that provide us with high-quality links like Real Debrid. If you still can’t find the link for that content after linking with Real-Debrid, there are no working links available for that content.
16. Cinema HD Playing Wrong Movies or TV Shows
Recently there have been a lot of complaints from users that the Cinema HD app is streaming the wrong Movies and TV Shows. This is because the link you’re using to stream the content has an incorrect link that points to a different movie or TV show. Cinema HD can’t do anything about this kind of problem because the uploaders might have mislabeled the files. Although you may be frustrated or even upset when encountering this kind of thing, it is possible to determine whether you are clicking the right link for your content.
1. Switch on your Android TV, and click on Apps.
2. Open the Cinema HD app and select the Search icon on the menubar.
3. Enter the name of the content you want and select the content.
4. Press and hold the Select button on any link for a few seconds.
5. On the window that appears, verify whether the file name is the same as the name of the content you want to stream.
6. If the name matches, it is the correct link to stream your content.
17. Try Cinema HD Apk Alternatives
If Cinema HD is not working even after trying all the possible methods, you might consider alternatives to Cinema HD. There are many third-party apps similar to Cinema HD available, and you can choose any of the below as an alternative to Cinema HD.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cinema HD may not work on Android TV because of problems like cached data, slow internet speed, low storage space, server issues, etc.
Streaming pirated content is considered illegal in many countries. Therefore it is best to stream copyrighted content.