Android TV is one of the best Smart TVs currently available all over the world. It offers you a variety of features so that you can have a wonderful experience when using Android TV. The main attraction of Android TV is the Android OS. The OS is user-friendly and easy to use. When compared with other Smart TV Operating Systems, Android TV offers you more choices in auxiliary functions and application libraries. The first Android TV was released on 25 June 2014, and since then, there have been a lot of updates in the Android TV versions available. Let’s check what version of Android TV is running on your TV.
How to Check the Android TV Version on Android TV
Each Android TV OS requires a different set of steps to find out its version. The versions that are currently available in Android TVs are Android 7.x Nougat, Android 8.x Oreo, Android 9.x Pie, Android 10, Android 11, and Android 12. Based on the Android TV version, the steps to check it may vary.
1. Turn on your Android TV and press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Click on Settings and select the About option.
3. Scroll down and select Version.
4. Here, you can find the version that your Android TV belongs to.
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote control and click on Settings.
2. On Settings, select Device Preferences.
3. Click on About and select Version to know what version your Android TV belongs to.
1. Switch on your Android TV and go to Settings on the home screen.
2. Select System and click on About.
3. Go to Android TV OS Version. Here, you can see the Android TV Version.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any one of the above methods to find the version of your TCL Android TV.
The latest Android TV OS is Android 13, which will be released later this year.