|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
|Channel 4 APK URL
If you want to watch the best British TV content on your Android TV, you can choose the Channel 4 app and install it directly from the Play Store. Since it is a British-based platform, you need to sideload it if you are residing outside the UK. Without installation, users can watch Channel 4 by visiting its webpage or screen mirroring its app on their TVs.
It is a freemium platform and contains ads. To go ad-free, you can go with its monthly plan, which costs £3.99. In this comprehensive guide, we have provided the steps to stream Channel 4 on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Channel 4 on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter All 4 in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Channel 4 from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Watch Channel 4 Using Browser
Channel 4 has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous media content. You can access the Channel 4 website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Visit the official website of Channel 4.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign in to My4 button on the top and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Install Channel 4 on Android TV Outside UK
If you can’t find Channel 4 in the Play Store in your country other than the UK, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. Go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Channel 4 APK: bit.ly/3RSbWnm
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
17. Then, click Open to launch the app and sign in with your account details.
18. After signing in, choose any TV channels and start streaming All 4 on Android TV.
How to Cast Channel 4 on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in installing/sideloading the Channel 4 app, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you can easily cast Channel 4 from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Channel 4 app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Channel 4 Not Working on Android TV
If the Channel 4 app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Check the server status of Channel 4 using third-party sites like Downdetector if you can’t access the content.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Channel 4, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Close and relaunch the Channel 4 application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Clear the app cache files for the Channel 4 app.
- Reset your Android TV to the factory settings, and start setting up Channel 4 from scratch.
- As a last fix, you need to reach out to the Contact Us page of Channel 4 to resolve the issue with the app.
Channel 4 Alternatives
If you feel that Channel 4 isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content from the UK. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Channel 4.
Yes. There is a dedicated app available for the Channel 4 network in the name itself on Android TV.
To stream Channel 4 content outside the UK, you must use any of the VPNs on Android TV or any other streaming device.