Have you ever felt annoyed while typing on the Android TV remote? If yes, here is the best solution for you. Download the CetusPlay app on your Android Smart TV. This app works exactly like your physical remote and it is free to download. CetusPlay app also functions as a mouse toggle for Android TV, thereby it reduces the usage of the TV remote.
- There are a lot of ways to navigate between the options in this app. You can use the directional pad, touchpad, keyboard, and mouse.
- The CetusPlay app is officially available on the Play Store
- The app also has the Cast feature to receive media content from your smartphone.
- You can choose the layout of your remote control based on your preferences.
- Using the CetusPlay app, you can clear the cache on Android TV.
CetusPlay on Android TV
You can install the CetusPlay on Android TV in two different ways.
- Using Play Store
- Using Website
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Xiaomi Mi Box
- AT&T TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mecool TV Box
Supported Android TVs
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Sony Android TV
- Sharp Android TV
How to Install CetusPlay on Android TV via the Play Store
1. On your Android TV home screen, go to the Apps section.
2. Click on Google Play Store app from the apps section.
3. Search for the CetusPlay app.
4. Select the CetusPlay app and click on the Install button to get the app on your Android Smart TV.
5. Launch the CetusPlay app on your Android TV.
How to Sideload CetusPlay on Android TV Using Website
1. Go to the official website of CetusPlay on your smartphone or PC and copy the Download APK for Android TV link.
2. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app and click on the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
Note: Install the Sideload Launcher on your Android TV to run APK files on Android TV.
4. Go to your Android TV Settings and click on Device and Preference.
5. Form that, choose Security & restriction.
6. Choose the Install Unknown Apps and enable the Downloader app’s toggle.
7. After that, open the Downloader app on your Android Smart TV and install the AFTVnews plugin. You cannot download any apk files without this plugin.
8. Then, enter the CetusPlay Android TV APK URL that you have copied before.
9. Click the Go button to download the APK file.
10. Then, install the CetusPlay APK file by tapping the Install button.
How to Use CetusPlay on Android TV
To use the CetusPlay app on your TV, you have to install the app on your smartphone too.
1. Install the CetusPlay app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the CetusPlay app on your smartphone.
4. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
5. Now, you can control your Android TV by using a smartphone.
If you have any difficulties with the CetusPlay app, you can try some of the interesting alternatives of the CetusPlay app.
Compatibility: Android Version 4.1 and above.
Play Store Link: UniMote.
UniMote app works similarly to your Android Smart TV remote. Install this remote app and your Smart TV remote is always near you. This app is also capable of screen sharing, screen mirroring, smart sharing, and more.
Universal Remote Control
Compatibility: Android Version 4.4 and above.
Play Store Link: Lean Remote.
Lean Remote is one of the best remote control apps for Android TV. This app can also control Smart TVs, projectors, home theaters, and more. With the Lean Remote app, you can connect to Android TV with ease. To pair the app, your smartphone and Android TV should be connected to the same WiFi network.
Yes, the CetusPlay app is compatible with Fire TV Stick too.
Yes, the CetusPlay app is completely free to download.