Is your Android TV working slow for a long time? You can use the junk cleaning apps to get the issue resolved. One of the widely used cleaning apps by users is CCleaner. The CCleaner app doesn’t have a standalone app for Android TV. Hence, you can’t install the app from the Google Play Store. You can still download the app by sideloading the APK file using Downloader.
The CCleaner APK offers premium features and functions similar to the official app. You can clean up junk files, optimize excessive storage, scan for viruses, and more on your Android TV. Follow the setup guide to make a smooth installation process.
How to Sideload CCleaner APK on Android TV
The CCleaner is unavailable for Android TV. To use the CCleaner app, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install Downloader on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of CCleaner APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the CCleaner APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
Features of CCleaner
- Performance Optimizer – It helps you freeze unnecessary activities in the background and boosts your CPU’s performance.
- Health Check – The new Health Check feature analyzes your device and recommends quick fixes, updates, and much more to make the device more secure.
- 1-Click Updates All Your Software – Using outdated apps may cause problems for your device. By using this feature, you can update all the apps available on the device.
- Safer Browsing – It helps you block advertisements on TV and automatically erases your history and cookies so that you can remain anonymous.
- Fewer Errors & Crashes – With the help of the registry cleaner feature, you can clear errors and broken settings and make your device more stable.
Use VPN for CCleaner APK
As CCleaner doesn’t have a native app for Android TV, you need to sideload the third-party application. Using a third-party app might track your IP address and has a higher chance of stealing your data. To prevent this, you can use NordVPN, which hides the IP address and keeps you anonymous all time. We suggest you use VPNs while using the sideloaded apps on Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is a CCleaner apk file available for Android TV.
Yes, CCleaner is available on the Play Store only for Android smartphones.
There are three plans available on CCleaner: Pro costs $29.95, Pro Plus costs $49.95, and Premium Bundle costs $64.95.
Yes. you can clear the cache with the CCleaner app.