|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
CBS is a well-known American television network and a radio network from ViacomCBS. With CBS app, you can stream all your favorite live TV channels entertainment and sports content with the premium streaming. You can download the CBS app directly from the official Play Store of the Android Smart TV. Moreover, it also has the built-in Chromecast feature to cast its content from your smartphone to the TV without any hassle. From this article, you will learn the different ways to stream CBS content on your smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install CBS on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter CBS in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select CBS from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate CBS on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the app with a CBS account to stream the videos.
1. Open the CBS app on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Login button to get it.
3. Now, go to the CBS’s activation website [https://www.cbs.com/tv/androidtv] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Next button.
5. After that, sign in with your TV provider to complete the activation.
6. Now, the CBS will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install CBS on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find CBS in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a standard WiFi connection.
2. On the home screen, tap the Apps section to launch the Google Play Store.
3. Search for “Downloader for TV” and select the app that comes with the following logo.
4. On the application information page, hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to install the app on your device.
6. Once the app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to More Settings → Security.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the toggle for the “Downloader for TV” app.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the “Downloader for TV” app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of CBS APK: https://urlsrt.io/cbs
13. Click Download to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, click Install from the popup.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the RedBox TV app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch CBS Using Browser
CBS has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the CBS platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.cbs.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button or select your TV Provider and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast CBS on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the CBS APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, the CBS is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the CBS from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the CBS from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the CBS on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix CBS Not Working on Android TV
If the CBS app is not working properly on your Android TV due to the issues like 1,2, and 3, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Check the server outage of CBS using the Downdetector platform.
- Reboot your TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for CBS accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact CBS’s customer support to get help.
If you feel that CBS isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to CBS.
You can fix the black screen issue by clearing the cache in your Android TV.
Yes, CBS is free to use with TV Provider.