CBS stands for Columbia Broadcasting System, its initial name in 1928. It is a well-known American television network and a radio network from ViacomCBS. CBS has made its app available on multiple devices. Similarly, you can add and stream CBS on Android TV. It has a cool collection of entertaining shows loved by the masses. If you are adding the CBS app to your TV, you can enjoy a lot of cool shows. Shows to look for on CBS include FBI, Carice, NCIS, Equalizer, Blue Bloods, Mom, B Positive, and Love Island.
CBS is an all-rounder app as it streams sports, news, and other entertaining shows. You can enjoy watching all episodes of your favorite shows on a bigger screen with the CBS app. You can also watch new episodes of its shows on the very next day as it airs on TV.
The CBS app doesn’t have any subscription plans. The app is free to download and use. You only need to sign In with the credentials of your TV Provider in the app.
- TV Providers with CBS include DIRECTV, Hulu, YouTube TV, Spectrum, and Xfinity.
- Also, you can enjoy shows from CBS on Paramount Plus if you have a valid subscription.
CBS on Android TV
The CBS app is available on Android TVs across the US. You only need a TV Provider subscription to stream the app.
CBS Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs that support the app.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
CBS Supported Android TV Box
Here is a list of Android TV boxes that support the app.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Watch CBS on Android TV?
If you have a TV Provider subscription, go ahead and add CBS to your TV. Follow these instructions to add and activate the app.
1. On your Android TV home screen, click on the Apps Tab.
2. Tap on the Google Play Store icon and navigate to the Search icon.
3. Type down CBS and search for the same.
4. When the search results appear, click on the CBS app icon.
5. To download the app, click on the Install button.
6. Further, wait till the download finishes.
7. Launch the CBS app after installation.
8. Click on the Sign in with TV Provider and then on the Continue option.
9. Further, note down the Activation Code.
10. Visit cbs.com/tv/androidtv on your computer or mobile web browser.
11. Enter the CBS Android TV activation code in the provided space and then click on Activate.
12. From the list, choose your TV provider.
13. Sign in with your TV provider account credentials.
14. Your device will be activated immediately.
15. Start streaming the CBS app library.
Alternative Way: Cast CBS to Android TV
If you aren’t into adding the CBS app itself to your TV, you can stream the app by casting. For this, you need a strong Wi-Fi network, a TV subscription, and an Android/ iOS device. If you have all of these, get ready to start casting the app.
1. If you haven’t installed the app already, download the CBS app on your device from Play Store or App Store as needed.
2. After installing the app, launch it on your device and sign in with your TV provider’s account.
3. From the top-right corner of your screen, click on the Cast icon.
4. From the available devices on your screen, pick up your TV.
5. This starts casting CBS on your Android TV.
6. Finally, start playing your favorite shows from the app on your TV.
How to Stream CBS outside the US
You might know that the CBS app is available only in the United States. So if you are away from the US, you need to sideload the app on your Android TV. It involves the following steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Install CBS Using Downloader
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Android TV doesn’t let you add third-party apps. Downloader is a useful tool to help you add third-party apps to your Android TV. This app is available for download on the Play Store itself.
1. Firstly, launch the Google Play Store to download the app.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type down Downloader by AFTV news on the search bar.
4. Pick the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Click on Install and then initiate the download.
6. Finally, wait for the download to come to an end.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
Now, we have the downloader app. Still, it is a bit difficult to install third-party. Make these settings in favor of Downloader to install apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Launch your Android TV Settings.
2. Select the Security & restrictions option and then the Unknown Sources option.
3. Finally, click on the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install CBS using Downloader
Now, the only thing you need to do is install the third-party app from an unknown source. Follow these steps to add the TNT app.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option as prompted.
3. On the URL section of Downloader, enter the URL for the CBS Android TV apk. You can get it from a trusted site.
4. Click on the Go button and start downloading the APK file for CBS.
5. Finally, install the CBS app on your Android TV.
Other Devices That support CBS
You can enjoy CBS irrespective of the device you own, as the app is supported across devices. Add CBS if you own one of these devices.
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android phone
- Mac and PC with web browsers
How to Watch CBS on Android TV Without Cable
You can let enjoy watching the CBS shows and other programs without any extra cost. i.e., you can watch CBS on Android TV without cable if you have a subscription to any of the following streaming services.
You can watch the CBS live stream in addition to 70+ other live TV channels with a Hulu on Android TV subscription. It offers unlimited cloud DVR that can store content for up to nine months. It costs $69.99/month.
If you want to watch CBS without cable, you shall rely on DirecTV Stream (AT&T TV) on Android TV. In addition to CBS, it includes popular channels like ESPN, FOX News, ABC, etc. DirecTV Stream subscription plans start at $54.99/month.
The most affordable option to stream CBS is with the Sling TV on Android TV. Although the channel isn’t available on Sling, you need to get the Sling Extra addon to stream the channel and its shows. Sling Extra costs $6/month.
With fuboTV on Android TV, you shall stream CBS along with 100+ live sports and TV channels. It covers live local channels like ABC, FOX, Univision, NBC, etc. fuboTV subscription costs around $69.99/month.
Frequently Asked Questions
CBS is free to download and stream on multiple devices, including your Android TV. You can download the app and get it activated on your TV.
The CBS app is compatible with Chromecast on both iOS and Android versions. So, you can cast the app on your TV easily.