If you are from France, Canal Plus is a must-try platform to get video content from Netflix, HBO Max, MTV, Disney+, and a few more streaming platforms. Meanwhile, Android TV is one of the popular streaming devices and it is compatible to stream Canal Plus. So, you can get this streaming hub directly from the Play Store as Canal Plus has an app called myCANAL TV for Android TV.
On the other hand, you can get the Canal Plus app by either sideloading or casting techniques as alternative streaming ways. While using Canal+, you should remember that most of the streaming platforms are available only in the USA and the UK. To stream that content from other countries, you have to use VPNs. Besides the usual content, this all-in-one streaming platform offers sports events like UEFA, Ligue 1, Serie A, and more.
In this comprehensive guide, we will guide you on installing, sideloading, and casting the Canal Plus app on Android TV. In addition, we’ve covered some generic troubleshooting tips to fix the Canal+ not working issues.
Table of Contents
Subscription Packages for CANAL+
CANAL+ offers two types of subscriptions. You can get any of them from the subscription page of CANAL+.
|CANAL+ CINÉ SERIES
|CANAL+ FRIENDS & FAMILY
How to Install CANAL+ on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter CANAL+ in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select myCANAL TV from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the myCANAL TV app.
7. Sign in to the app with the valid credentials or sign up with the new account.
8. Navigate to select and play whatever content you want on your TV screen.
How to Watch CANAL+ Using Browser
CANAL Plus has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous media content. You can access the CANAL+ website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (www.canalplus.com/chaines/canalplus) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Select your favorite media content from the available options and enjoy streaming.
How to Install CANAL+ on Android TV Outside France
If you can’t find CANAL Plus in the Play Store in your country other than France, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of CANAL+ APK: bit.ly/3ta3pnq
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the French server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the CANAL+ app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast CANAL Plus on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the CANAL+ APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, the CANAL+ is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the CANAL+ from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the CANAL Plus app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the CANAL+ on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Nvidia Shield TV
Ematic Android TV Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of CANAL+ on Android TV
If the CANAL+ app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
Yes. Canal+ has a dedicated app called myCanal TV on the Google Play Store of the Android TV platform.
Yes. Club tournaments like the Bundesliga, Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A are available in the Canal Plus Sports pack.