If you’re from Myanmar and looking for a streaming app to watch local channels and sports events, you can choose Burma TV. To enhance your streaming experience, it is better to use Burma TV on Android TV. But, there is an unpleasant news we have. Sadly, Burma TV is officially unavailable on the Play Store. However, you can still have the chance to stream this platform on your TV by using either sideloading or screen mirroring method.
With Burma TV, you can explore all popular live channels from Myanmar and live coverages of sports events on Android TV. On top of that, it is completely free to stream and comes with a minimalist interface. So, everyone has access to its media library by default and all available videos from this app are available to stream in higher video resolution.
In this beginner’s guide, we will delve into the detailed procedures for sideloading and casting methods in order to stream Burma TV on Android TV.
How to Sideload Burma TV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Burma TV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Burma TV APK: bitly.ws/YGxk
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Burma TV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Burma TV APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Burma TV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Burma TV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Burma TV Alternatives
If you feel that Burma TV isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Burma TV.
- Cookie TV
- Canal Plus on Android TV
No. As of now, Burma TV is one of the unavailable apps on the Play Store of Android TV.
No. Since we’ve sideloaded Burma TV by getting it from an illegal or third-party site, our TV may get malware attacks or any other computer virus. So, it is not safe as well as advisable to stream on any devices.