BubbleUPnP is a freemium application for streaming music, videos, and photos from an Android smartphone to Android TV. As this app is available on the Google Play Store, you can directly install the BubbleUPnP app on Android TV. It can even play media files on your TV from cloud storage such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box. By subscribing to BubbleUPnP License for $4.99, you can access the app ad-free on your Android TV. Additionally, you will get features like modifiable playlists, playback queues, scrobbling, full-screen viewing, and sleep timer, including light/dark themes.
How to Install BubbleUPnP on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi once the TV is turned on.
2. Open Google Play Store from the home screen.
3. Click on the Search icon, type BubbleUPnP, and search for the app.
4. Once you find the app, select it and click Install to begin the installation.
5. Open the app once the installation process is completed.
How to Sideload BubbleUPnP on Android TV
If you can’t able to install BubbleUPnP from the Play Store, you can use sideload the APK version of BubbleUPnP from an external source. Before that, you need to install Downloader on Android TV. After installing the Downloader app, ensure to modify a few settings on your Android TV to allow the installation of apps from an unknown source.
1. From your Android TV home screen, open Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the search field and find the app.
3. Choose Downloader from the results and click the Install button.
4. Wait until the app gets installed on your Android TV.
5. Upon installation, go back to the Android TV home screen and click the Settings icon.
6. Choose Device Preferences and click on Security & restrictions.
7. Further click on Unknown Sources, and turn on Downloader by switching the toggle.
8. Afterward, open the Downloader app and enter browser.aftvnews.com in the search field to install the browser plugin. It is mandatory to install the browser plugin to sideload applications.
9. Copy and paste the BubbleUPnP APK download link from its website and hit Go.
10. Wait for a while to finish the downloading process.
11. Once completed, open the file, and click the Install button.
12. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
You have successfully installed the BubbleUPnP APK on your Android TV.
- DLNA TV
- Smart TV
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Xbox One X
- PlayStation 3 and 4
- Amazon Fire TV / Fire TV Stick
Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box
- Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
- It also works on Xbox, PlayStation, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, and Fire TV Stick.
- Supports media sharing from Windows, NAS, macOS, and Samba servers.
- It is suitable for streaming music tracks from TIDAL and Qobuz.
- With built-in transcoding support, it can optimize and play any file on Chromecast.
Yes, you have to connect your Android TV and Android smartphone to the identical WIFI network to use.
Serviio, MiniDLNA, AllCast, UPnPlay, and Rygel are the best alternative apps to BubbleUPnP.
No, the BubbleUPnP app is not available for iPhones and iPads.