BT Sport is a perfect choice for streaming all football league matches live on Android TV. If you are residing in the UK, you can install the BT Sport app on your Smart TV from the Play Store. With a BT Sport Monthly Pass of £29.99 a month, you will get access to channels like BT Sport 1, 2, 3, and 4, including BoxNation.
Those who have already subscribed to BT Broadband will get BT Sport as a complimentary service. Therefore, you can use the BT Sport app or visit the official website (btsport.com) to watch live sporting events in 1080p HD at 50 FPS. In addition, you can watch selected events in 4K HDR quality with Dolby Atmos audio.
With BT Sport on Android TV, you can stream UEFA Europa League, UEFA Champions League, Premier League, UFC, Ligue 1, Moto GP, European Rugby Champions Cup, WWE, Premiership Rugby, Australian Cricket, Seria A, etc.
Table of Contents
How to Install BT Sport on Android TV from Google Play Store
1. Connect your Android TV to WIFI once you turn it on.
2. Go to the home screen of Android TV and click on Apps → Google Play Store.
3. Type BT Sport in the search bar and search for the app.
4. Choose BT Sport from the suggestions and click the Install button.
5. After it gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
6. Login with or BT ID username and password.
7. Play any live sports event and start watching it on your TV.
How to Watch BT Sport on Android TV Using a Web Browser
1. Open any web browser on your Android TV.
2. Visit the BT Sport official website (https://www.bt.com/sport).
3. Move the cursor to My BT and click Log in.
4. Enter your BT ID (username) and password and click Log in to My BT.
5. When the home screen appears, you can select any event and start streaming it on your TV.
How to Sideload BT Sport on Android TV
As BT Sport is only accessible in the UK, it won’t be available in the Play Store for outside regions. In such cases, you can use the Downloader app to sideload the APK from a trusted website. It is not a straightforward process so you need to follow these methods one by one.
- Install Downloader on Android TV
- Turn on Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Sideload BT Sport APK using Downloader
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
1. On the home screen of Android TV, click on Apps and select the Google Play Store.
2. Enter Downloader in the search bar and search for the app.
3. Select Downloader from the suggestions and click Install.
4. Once the installation is done, hit Open to launch the app.
After that, you need to turn on unknown sources in the settings of Android TV.
How to Turn on Unknown Sources on Android TV
1. Hit the Settings icon on the home screen of your Android TV.
2. Click on Device Preferences and tap Security & restrictions.
3. Further, select Unknown Sources and Turn ON Downloader by switching a toggle.
How to Download BT Sport APK on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on Android TV.
2. Click Allow to agree to the storage permissions.
3. Select the Home tab, and enter the BT Sport APK download link in the URL field.
4. Click Go to initiate the downloading process.
5. After it gets downloaded, click the APK file and tap Install.
6. Once the installation is completed, click Done.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
BT Sport Other Supported Devices
- Android smartphones & tablets
- iPhone & iPad
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV (released in 2015 or newer)
- NOW TV Box
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro
- Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S
Frequently Asked Questions
By following these troubleshooting methods, we can fix the BT Sport app not working issue.
Clear the app cache on Android TV if BT Sport keeps freezing while playing any videos.
Update BT Sport to the latest version from the Play Store.
Check if the internet connection is stable or not.
Restart Android TV if the BT Sport app has issues in loading the home page.
If you are a BT Broadband customer, you can watch BT Sport for free without getting a Monthly Pass subscription.
You can access BT Sport on up to 2 devices at a time with one account.