Since the Play Store on Android TV doesn’t have too many browsers, Brave is not an exception. Yes, Brave Browser is officially not available on the Play Store of Android TV. If you want to use the Brave browser on your TV, you need to sideload the browser using its APK file or screen mirror the app from your Android smartphone.
Brave is a popular web browser available for smartphones. The best thing about the Brave browser is its independent search engine, Brave Search. With Brave Search, you can surf the internet without being tracked. Advanced features like built-in Firewall + VPN, Ad-blocker, Private Browsing, and Brave Rewards are available in the browser.
In this tutorial, we’re going to discuss the complete instructions for the process of sideloading, screen mirroring, and troubleshooting the Brave Browser on Android TV.
How to Sideload Brave Browser APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Brave app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Brave APK latest version: bit.ly/462Kbi1
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite anime content.
How to Cast Brave Browser on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Brave APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to the TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the Brave Browser app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and browse the web pages on the browser.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the browser will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Brave Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Brave app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while using it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Brave Browser accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Brave Browser Alternatives
If you feel that Brave Browser isn’t for you, you can switch over to some other browser to surf the internet on your TV. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to the Brave Browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Brave Browser is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV. If you need to install it, you should use the sideloading or screen mirroring technique.
Android TV has some web browsers on the Play Store, like Puffin and TV Bro. You can also sideload web browsers on Android TV, like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The best browser for Android TV is the Puffin TV web browser.
Bravo browser is equipped with ads and a pop-up blocker. If you want, you can install a dedicated ad blocker app on Android TV to block ads.
Yes. It is simple to add whatever extensions you want on Brave Browser. To get an extension, you should navigate to the Settings menu and the Extensions option.